My phone is not charging
kmundschenk

I've had a lot of problems with my Samsung Charge - however, NOW it is not charging. I have used 4 different chargers now so it is not the charger. Should I get battery replaced as I have read in other posts or just turn in for replacement?  I wiggle the cord and sometimes it will start charging again, but then the screen goes blank and I can't tell if it is charging so I turn on the screen and sure enough it has stopped again.   BTW - I have also had problems with random restarting on my phone, shutting off while taking a picture, touch screen just stops working and the phone gets pretty hot sometimes.  All I guess I can live with but if I can't charge it, that doesn't work.  HELP!

0 Likes
Re: My phone is not charging
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can certainly try a different battery to rule that out. It does sound like the charging port might be the problem. If it is then a replacement is your best option.

PS. I like your screenname @kmundschenk

It reminds me of some people I know.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TiggerCooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this issue, had to get a replacement phone

0 Likes
iluvhim637
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just started having same exact issues, and it gets very hot at times if it wasn't for my phones case i think it would be too hot to hold.... Im just going to replace mine cause i need to have a phone that i can CHARGE (the irony) in the name is not funny at this time.Please keep us posted on any other solutions you find.. And BTW different battery didn't solve anything for me.

0 Likes