My only frustration with Froyo so far...
CelticWarrior

Is that it took a great deal of my music (upwards of 200 songs) and classified them into an "unknown artist" folder, when previously they were associated with their specific artists. {word filter avoidance}

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My only frustration with Froyo so far...
AZSALUKI
Legend

look to see what type of audio file they are. try to pinpoint which file types it recognizes and which ones it doesn't. i don't know that there will even be a distinction or if it will even help. however, i used to have some generic mp3 player that played many file types, but only truly recognized certain extensions (showed info for .mps .wmv but NOT for .wav....or smoethin like that). if that is the problem then you'll have to convert them to whichever file type it will read all the info for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I never use the stock app anyways. I use MixZing and it was only a few bucks. Well worth it.
0 Likes
CelticWarrior

That's the thing...I had been using the stock music app for playing my songs ever since I got my Incredible with no problems. Ever since the 2.2 update though, many of them have been moved to the "unknown artist" folder. I even tried erasing all of my music and reloading it (through Windows Media Player...I wonder if different software would help my cause) but no luck. Perhaps I will try the app you mentioned.

0 Likes
CelticWarrior

Just downloaded the free trial of MixZing. Same problem. Grrrr! Lol

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

look to see what type of audio file they are. try to pinpoint which file types it recognizes and which ones it doesn't. i don't know that there will even be a distinction or if it will even help. however, i used to have some generic mp3 player that played many file types, but only truly recognized certain extensions (showed info for .mps .wmv but NOT for .wav....or smoethin like that). if that is the problem then you'll have to convert them to whichever file type it will read all the info for.

0 Likes
CelticWarrior

Yeah, I'm thinking that's the issue. I checked the file extensions for all the songs/albums showing up in "Unknown Artist," and they are all WMA. The ones that show up properly are MP3. I thought I could do WMA-MP3 conversions right in Media Player but apparently not, so I found a free conversion program called Switch that I am using to make the conversions as we speak. Once all 249 songs are converted, we will see if this helped matters. I'm thinking it will.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think it should. i'd pay for an app that played and recognized EVERY audio file type. is it THAT difficult to do???

0 Likes
CelticWarrior

It worked! Took a while to convert everything, but all is well. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

glad to help. i've been through it before. it's a pain in the ask though!!!

0 Likes