Re: My email contact icons have disappeared and rebooting doesn't get them back
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, they are gone. Old photos from my daughter are still on the phone (his phone failed and he took my daughter's identical phone.) But, every time he saves some photos in the gallery, whcih stores to the SD card, they disappear in a short while.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The insight is greatly appreciated. How much storage is available on the device? Settings > Storage . Is safe to assum this the SD card from his previous device?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hsgram
Enthusiast - Level 3

Plenty of space on the card. He is a VERY light user of everything. Mostly texts and calls, but does take photos for work and that is why this is important.

The card is NOT from his old phone. It is the card my daughter had in the phone. One note: They did not do a hard reset on the phone because he thought I said not to (I meant don't let them hard reset his first phone he was having trouble with before we backed it up). This means that he cannot remove her Gmail address that is linked to the phone without a hard reset. I mention this just in case, but do not think it is relevant to this issue of missing photos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot! When connected to a computer what files were you looking in for the pictures? Did this start after installing any new apps or updates?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes