My droid charge is a huge dissapointment.
dgg970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this phone for less than a year and even a few months into owning the charge it would die or freeze every time i took a picture and it continues to do this until I reinsert the battery. Well now starting about 3 months ago, every time I turn the phone off, it turns itself back on. This is a huge problem because I have to turn my phone off when I'm at work (in the mountains) because the battery will die because it is always searching for service. Another problem I always have is when trying to delete multiple pictures from my gallery at once, the phone freezes and I have to remove the battery and restart the phone. I love Samsung devices because they always have great displays but I'm not sure if I want to take another chance with one after owning this phone. It has cause me nothing but problems from the get go. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Re: My droid charge is a huge dissapointment.
Scoufal44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Literally had all these same problem. Glad to hear its not just me. I had those same issues when dealing with the camera, eventually the phone started powering down randomly. I was scared the phone would die at night (I use it as an alarm) and I would be late for work. Additionally I wasn't receiving text messages, some of which were important. Really disappointing. So I took it to the store and explained my problems and they said a replacement phone should take care of it. Finally got the new phone and it wouldn't say on for longer that 2 minutes without being plugged into a charger. Went back in and they told me the battery had gone bad...after 8 months. Had to wait around the store until they finally found a replacement. Then they called 5 minutes after I left the store to say the actually didn't have a battery for me. After being on hold for a while they said they did have one but they were going to have to charge me to overnight it which I needed because I was traveling. Overall I have spent hours in the store and on the phone with Verizon, will have to make two separate trips to mail back defunct equipment to them. Can't wait until my contract is up so I can get an iphone with AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: My droid charge is a huge dissapointment.
susiequilter

I signed on to this forum because my Droid Charge is having the same problems that you have described with camera freezes, power and charging issues and I am trying to find a solution.  I am trying to get it to recharge, but after 4 hours on a charger, it tells me the battery is low.  I'm trying with a second charger now.  This phone has been a disaster from the moment I bought it!  At least Verizon can't tell me it's only my phone that has problems when I take it in to them.

0 Likes