Re: My Incredible - First Impressions. How about yours?
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm.... So you don't have any way to connect from one pc to the other? That makes it tough. But, you can still plug your phone into your computer and just drag and drop the music manually onto your phone. It doesn't matter where you put it, the phone will find it and use it in the library, but I prefer to make a folder called "music" or whatever and just keep it in there. That way it just stays a little more organized than filling up the root of your storage with a million music files.

0 Likes
pappyharley

SO far I've had no issues with the Incredible. My only gripe having been an avid Iphone user is that you HAVE to pat for visual voice mail. In the scope of things it's a minor issue altought i find after using iphone VVM that regular VM is a big pain. I don't really agree with Verizon milking something from consumers that should be included, especially if Verizon wants to be REALLY competitive. Other than this it's a great phone far better than the iphone in terms of performance. I really hope Verizon reads these posts. Peace Out!

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

So after a few more days, I have a few more observations.

• The battery life is just ridiculous. I know it's a powerful device, but someone's going to make a load of money off of selling extended-life batteries, guaranteed.
  • What happened to the Picasa album showing up in my photos app? I know there are decent workarounds, but that was one of my favorite parts of the 2.1 upgrade on my Moto Droid. Still not a deal breaker, but that sort of chapped my hide.
  • I'm still getting used to the HTC Sense UI. I'm getting better with it, but why are all of the settings scattered all over the place? Craziness...
  • Bluetooth and my music player on my Moto hands-free in the car still do that skipping thing. I DEFINITELY don't like that. I've tried to look into it and see what the heck could be causing it, but I just haven't been able to nail it down yet. This is probably the #1 on my list of things that I don't like about my new phone.
  • The wifi sleep options don't seem to do much of anything. I've tried changing the settings, but the app I use to sync my phone with iTunes still times out when the phone sleeps. I know this isn't normal behavior because my Moto Droid didn't have a bit of problems doing this when I set the wifi to not sleep.

Still like the phone overall though. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Porting over from At&t and my beloved HTC Tilt as been great so far! the service is better in my house which is great, and the learning curve is not so bad thanks to the forums here and at phonescoop. I LOVE the display on this phone the camera is really much better then anything else I have seen on the market right now. I had left verizon a long time ago because they cut out a lot of features the phone has....back then the big deal was real ringtones. SO I went to At&t to a HTC 5600..I have pretty much stuck with HTC products...lets hope this incredible holds up as good as those did. SO far everything is workign out great! I could not be any happier!. Not only did I get this phone but also they ported my wife over so the deal I got was this....1 incredible, (199)1 moto droid (Free) 1-16gb card, 2 covers(1 for each phone) a $95 credit for my wifes account for the at&t cancelation fee and a car charger...so I left the store with 2 new phones and accessories for about $200 (this is subtracting the 2-$100 mail in rebates). Plus a $95 credit towards my wifes next bill and on top of all of that my plan was about $50 cheaper.

The phone so far has no cons to me, maybe about the only thing I hate is that the data cable and the home charger are the same cable so I have to move it from one room to another, but I will buy another one down the road. Battery life is an issue but with my car charger and an extended battery coming out soon, that shouldn't be a big concern. Really I can not think of any reason anyone wanting to get a new phone should not at least consider this option....I never had an Iphone but I see this as just as good if not better...my friend that has had an iphone is a little jealous of some of the phones features and amazing speed!

0 Likes
ModernTenshi04

I purchased mine yesterday, switching over from the iPhone.  Let it be know that I still have a tremendous amount of respect for the iPhone, but it simply wasn't giving me a lot of what I wanted, and looking at the Android sector, Android would give me a lot of what I wanted.  I've also not experienced a lot of the problems with AT&T that most people seem to complain about, and I was with them for 6 years prior to this.  However, given recent developments with their 3G network (mainly matters pertaining to video streaming with the iPad), I've decided to give Verizon a go.

Anyway, I'm simply floored by this phone.  The screen is large and insanely clear.  I really love how light and thin the Incredible is, especially for how powerful the handset is.

I've loaded several apps thus far, a lot of them being apps I previously had on my iPhone, with some new ones as well.  I was miffed at how basic the music app is by default, but upon learning about bTunes and summarily downloading the player, I'm very satisfied.  This action also outlines a major reason I switched to the Android platform: if I don't like the way something is, I can likely find something else that will suit my needs.  So far I'm not really finding anything that I had on my iPhone that I can't get on my new Incredible, with the exception of some games.  I'm terribly sad that I won't be able to experience Squares new iPhone exclusive RPG, which I hear is fantastic, but I'm hoping they'll start porting some stuff over eventually, as they do enjoy money.

Regarding battery life, I simply don't know what a lot of people are complaining about.  I have my brightness set pretty low, and I kill apps with relative regularity (though ATK is set to be aggressive every 30 minutes, so that could also help), and I'm really not noticing a major hit in battery life compared to my old iPhone.  I've had it off the charger for 5 hours now, and I'm only down to 50% battery life.  This is with about half the time being on WiFi, and the other half being on 3G, with fairly frequent Tweeting, GTalk, and some light email, along with installing some apps and light web browsing.

I'm wondering if a lot of the complaints are stemming form people who have never owned a smartphone before, let alone one this powerful, and not understanding that you need to do things a tad bit differently with them.

Then again there's not a whole lot new with this phone compared to my old iPhone (app wise anyway), so maybe people are just playing with it too much and not realizing it.

That said, I do still intend to buy the 1750mAh extended battery for my Incredible, simply to give it epic battery life based on my current usage standards.

Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.

0 Likes
n1acguy

This is my first smartphone, so I'm not sure what to expect, but so far I like it.

The first day, mine did a hard lockup. Had to remove the battery. It hasn't done it since.

I really liked being able to book a hotel on short notice by selecting the location's phone # from the website. Maybe other smart phones do this, but I'm impressed. 

Was it supposed to come with a paper manual?

I found it doing a Google search. The Verizon site wouldn't let me select this phone model under support. I had to wing the first part and didn't realize the charge light would change color once it was fully charged. I hope I charged it enough before I used it.

After coming from an LG Dare I already see it's superiority even without setting it up.

FWIW, no more LG phones for me. I thought they had time to evolve since my first junk LG phone. Not so.

0 Likes
linda7915

Having trouble with keeping the 3G network.  On Friday, lost the network in the morning.  I thought maybe Verizon was having trouble so waited until afternoon and called them.  She had me remove the battery, wait 10 secs and then put it back.  That worked.  Then, Saturday, I was traveling and lost it again.  Did the battery thing and got it working again.  About 10 miles later, same thing.  When I got home, it was still gone, so I did it again and got it back.  This is frustrating. The lady at Verizon said that she had not heard of the issue as of yesterday afternoon and told me to email her if it happened again, which I did.

Anyone else having this problem?  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

No most phones anymore have their manual online.

Here is a link.

HTC Incredible Manual

0 Likes
ModernTenshi04

Couple of gripes:

The accelarometer seems to be pretty bad.  I can't count how many times I've taken an app horizontal, then I want to return to being vertical, but it'll take several seconds to recognize this, and sometimes I have to shake the phone to make it happen.  Coming from the iPhone, that's pretty terrible.

I'm also really missing not having a dock.  I loved being able to come home and just plop my iPhone into its dock on my nightstand to let it charge.  Connecting it to a USB cable that's connected to my PC just feels old.  Yes I know it comes with a wall adapter, but it's still not as easy as just setting it in a cradle of some sort.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

There is a desk dock for it, but it may be out of stock or online only. All I know is my local store is out of them.

0 Likes