My HTC Incredible won't pair with car
mrlogs

I have a 2010 Saturn Aura with hands-free bluetooth . I HAD a Verizon Voyager phone paired with the car. I bought the Incredible..deleted the Voyager from the car's bluetooth devices..tried pairing the Incredible..won't pair. The phone "see's" the car & display's  General Motors"..then I input the 4 digit PIN the car say's to use..and the phone goes to displaying "Pairing"..and stay's like that..after a few minutes the car system say's "No Devices Found"..the phone keep's saying "Pairing" till you eventually stop it.. I've tried rebooting phone, removing/replacing battery..same every time..I've done this many times..same result. Am I missing something, as this could be a return phone & go back to Voyager scenario for me if it won't pair?

Any advice appreciated!..Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: My HTC Incredible won't pair with car
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
Try it in the reverse role and see if it responds differently. Not much to pairing unless the wrong code is entered. Try it with a different bluetooth device and see if it works that way.
0 Likes
haysja

Put the car;s bluetooth in pairing mode and then go to the Incredible and have the incredible "find" the car.  (I have a 2008 Aura but no built-in bluetooth.  I use a Motorola device.)

It will use the BT device for sound but the Incredible will NOT voice dial from pressing the dial button in the BT adapter.  This is a GLARING ommission my Verizon.

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I did this with my Parrot I finally saw at the bottom of the phone screen, that it showed that the parrot was found and asked me to allow it, after I did that and then repaired the devices all worked well....hopefully this helps

0 Likes
mrlogs

What I do is (and many times):

1: I put the Aura in Bluetooth/Pair Mode

2: It  (the car) say's to put the phone in sensing mode..I do

3: The Phone find's the car (It say's General Motors on the phone)

4: The car say's to select General Motors on the phone...I do

5: Next the car say's to input PIN Code (4 digit number) to phone..I do

6: I tell the phone to pair..It display's "Pairing"..but nothing happens

7: Finally the car say's "No Devices Found"

My Verizon Voyager (paired with the car) would voice dial, etc..This is a bummer!  :smileysad:

0 Likes
mrlogs

FYI..

I just went out to the car & tried pairing my old Verizon Voyager (which I deleted from the car's bluetooth list)  again with the Aura ..The Voyager paired flawlessly..took about 30 seconds..Wonder if these new Incredibles have some issues..(or mine has) ..This new phone might be more of a pain in the butt than what it's worth....

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

bummer...i guess next step is goto the staurn dealership? surely it is not some new unsupported BT/version right?

0 Likes
mrlogs

I stopped by the Verizon Wireless store today & checked...The car supports the phone & vice versa..BUT..you CANNOT voice dial with the Incredible (unlike my old Voyager phone)!..Nice eh?

0 Likes
mrlogs

I went & swapped my Incredible for a new Incredible at the Verizon Wireless Store....this time it paired fine..and yes..the phone DOES do Voice Dial, etc, thru the car's system...Work's GREAT now..must've just been just that phone had an issue..

Thanks All!

0 Likes
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cool glad to hear it...at least we do know that some new devices are not working right...which takes us back to the, switch it for a new one answer...LOL

0 Likes