My Droid X does not boot up -stuck on M logo. Removed battery, put it back-no effect. Any ideas?
rc_fed
0 Likes
Re: My Droid X does not boot up -stuck on M logo. Removed battery, put it back-no effect. Any ideas?
mrocha1611

THE FIRST DROID X I GOT FROM VERIZON WAS LIKE THAT. I JUST TOOK IT BACK AND EXCHANGED IT!!

0 Likes
Re: My Droid X does not boot up -stuck on M logo. Removed battery, put it back-no effect. Any ideas?
Wildman
Legend
Power Device Off First.....

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

Note: Use volume up and down to select opinion and use camera button as Enter,,,

0 Likes
rc_fed

Thanks - I'll do just that today!!

0 Likes
nygman

This is exactly what is going on with mine right now.

I have tried the reset to factory settings but it still won't go past the M on start-up. So what are the options for me if this happens? I've had the Droid for about 7 or 8 months now.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I'd take it to the Verizon store - or call them.  There is a 1 year warranty on these. You'll probably get a refurb, but they SHOULD replace it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree, I would take it back to store and see what they can do, sometimes they can flash it for you and get you going, if not they should be able to order you a replacement.

0 Likes