My Droid Ultra cannot get a GPS fix nor a 4G signal
sentient02970
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past couple of months my Droid Ultra cannot get a GPS fix or a 4G LTE signal. I've tried the following:

1. Downloaded and ran GPS Status to attempt to get a fix and clear the GPS data.

2. Start up in Safe Mode.

3. Check for Software Updates.

4. Re-seated SIM card.

Before I'm forced to do a full factory reset (not even sure that will fix it), is there anything else I can do to see how to get either or both of these functions working again? Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid Ultra cannot get a GPS fix nor a 4G signal
sentient02970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory Reset did not help. I ended up taking it to the local retailer and they tried swapping in a new SIM card and still no change. I'm now getting a new device from device coverage. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sentient02970

Thank you for all your troubleshooting efforts! You've deffinitely tried some great steps. I'm sorry to hear about the continued trouble! Were there any changes to the phone a couple months ago? In Settings>More>Mobile networks>Network Mode, is LTE/CDMA selected? Is the GPS not working in all apps or select apps? In Settings>Location access, what settings do you see there?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sentient02970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the swift reply Ruth!

I don't recall any major changes a couple of months ago.

I checked Network Mode and it was set to "Global". I switched it over to LTE/CDMA but still only get 3G.

The GPS issue seems to affect all apps that use it. I initially noticed the problem using the navigation tool on Maps (by Google). I've also been able to get a fix using Waze, GPS Test and GPS Status & Toolbox.

In Settings>Location I have set to ON and the following

• E911 Only
  • Mode: High accuracy
  • Location Services: Google Location Reporting
sentient02970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I mean to say "not been able to get a GPS fix" using the above list of apps. Sorry!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming the settings, sentient02970!

I would like to check for any possible issues in your area.  What is the zip code where you are experiencing this problem?  Does it happen everywhere or at one specific location?  Lastly, let me know your device current software or system version number http://vz.to/1zuWYDH.  Keep me posted.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sentient02970,

Thanks for the additional info! When was the last time that the GPS worked on the device?

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sentient02970
Enthusiast - Level 2

The areas I tried it in are 05478, 05452 and 05401. All had good 4GLTE signals before. So yes, it's happening everywhere, it seems like it's been months since I've got any 4GLTE signals anywhere.

Current Device Software: Android 4.4.4

System Version Number: 23.3.24.obake_verizon.Verizon.en.US

sentient02970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure but I think my last accurate GPS fix was a couple of months ago at least.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not sure if this may help out, but it is worth a try, sentient02970. With your phone, please go to Settings>Location>Google Location Reporting>Set to off. See if this makes a difference with having your GPS lock in much better. Keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking these steps to troubleshoot. I understand your concern regarding the factory reset, this will be our final step before we are able to review the device warranty so that ny software corruptions are ruled  out.  Here is a link with information: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83492/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes