My Droid Bionic is driving me bonkers!
Buckyjingles99
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone keeps freezing and rebooting. When it isn't doing that I get error messages all the time. Homescreen stopped working, would you like to stop. Android has stopped working, would you like to stop. Maps just pops up out of nowhere that is has quit working. I have cleared the cache and I eventually did a factory reset and did not reinstall 99% of apps I had. Nothing works. I can't even answer the phone when someone calls because it takes so long for the swipe to be accepted it goes to voicemail. Any suggestions? I am not due for an upgrade until May.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Bionic is driving me bonkers!
Renegade3

I also am having the same problems with my Bionic and have not found a resolution yet.  My daughter has the same issue and did a factory reset which helped....for about 2 weeks and then right back to the same issue.  I am hoping someone on this forum has some suggestions that will help.  I won't upgrade with Verizon so if this can't be fixed, I will go elsewhere to buy another phone...but when the Bionic was working I absolutely loved it...would prefer to have it working again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Buckyjingles99,

I can see how all the issues you are having can drive you crazy! We want you to have a fully fuctioning device. I would love to investigate you issues with you Droid Bionic further. Please follow me and send me a private message so we can address your device issues.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Have you done a cache wipe? It will clear it up immediately and safely.  It is pretty easy to do as well.

Turn the phone off

press the volume up and down buttons and the power button

use down volume to select recovery mode

press up volume to move the phone into recovery mode

you will see an android laying down with its hatch open

Press volume up and down buttons again (may need to press a few times)

use down volume button to go to wipe cache partition

hit the power button

When is says Cache wipe complete hit the power button again to reboot

ALL of your apps and data will remain and NOT be touched. You phone will work faster, be more responsive and nicer to use.

DO NOT LET ANYONE TALK YOU INTO DOING A FDR (Factory Data Reset) as it will actually be counter productive for you

0 Likes
Renegade3

That was the first thing i tried...no improvement. Just did again last night and have slight improvement but not 100% back to what should be

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Interesting. Have you put any new apps on the phone or did any of the apps you had update just before this started?

0 Likes
Renegade3

The my Verizon app updated...funny huh. I haven't added any apps in a long time....my daughter is having same issues and she has done the factory reset, wiping out all apps...helped for two weeks or so, then right back to same issues

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Try disabling the My Verizon App.  Not only can it be a data hog, but also a battery hog and resource hog.

I would also disable the following if you do not use them

Amazon Kindle and MP3

Backup Assistant

V-Cast Apps

Facebook

Google Play (Books, Music, Movies)

Google+

MOG Music

My Verizon Mobile

Netflicks

NFL

Quick Office

Slacker Radio

Slingbox

Smart Action

Swype

Verizon Video

VZ Navigator

0 Likes
ctchef2000

I have the same problem. APPS freeze. Not just one but many. Battery craps out way to fast. I spend more time resetting my phone than using it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ctchef2000,

I hear you! I want you to have a phone you enjoy all the time. Let's check a few things first; launch Settings>Storage>Check Total vs. Available. If running low on memory(phone), delete files and apps to clear memory, you can also move them so the SD card. If problems persist, test if for at least 24hrs in Safe Mode  http://vz.to/1gwhNYm .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes