My 3g Icon/Symbol Disappeared - No Internet Connection
ThatOneKid

My Droid 3 all of sudden has lost the 3g Icon at the top right by the signal icon. I have lost all internet connection UNLESS I use WiFi, but I am paying for 2gb Data Connection, it was working before. Anyone know why I lost the 3g icon? and how can I get my internet connection back? without WiFi, so I may use Internet when i'm not home.

0 Likes
Re: My 3g Icon/Symbol Disappeared - No Internet Connection
B33
Legend

Did you a Soft Reset Pull the Battery while the Phone is on then Hold down the Power Key give that a Try see if you can get it back leave the Batter out for 5 to 10 Minutes then put it back in the phone.. See if the Data comes back Let me know b33

0 Likes
ThatOneKid

I've done what you said, the 3g icon is still not there in the top right corner. I still have no internet connection, WiFi is turned off. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go to Settings) --> Data Manager Tap it and see if your Data Enable is Checked.. try that 

0 Likes
ThatOneKid

Yes, i've done some research before posting this topic, My Data Enabled is checked and so is my Background Data. I evened dialed the program number, went to check Data Call Enabled is checked as well. I don't really know what seems to be the problem.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well bubba Short of Telling you to try a Factory Reset i would Either call Customer Service Later in the Morning they Open at 7:00 they can Go through your Account with you and Hopefully find a Solution Here is there No. 1-800-922-0204 Option 3 will get you Tech Services or you could Go by your Local Corporate store and have them Look it over and see if they can find a Solution..

Give one those two a Try  Take Care Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
ThatOneKid

I was hoping not to resort to those, as a last resort, I will, thanks for trying.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey your Welcome) Have a Good Morning  Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Bardo
Enthusiast - Level 1

There's no need for a factory reset.

For some reason Verizon's towers are causing lots of phones to lose certain program settings.  I don't know if it's because of some upgrades they're pushing out to the towers or what, but you don't need to factory reset to fix it.

NOTE:  Once you get into the Program settings, don't mess with anything that's not listed here or you might cause more problems than you fix.

Open your Dialer

type in ##PROGRAM and hit Dial

It will ask you for an SPC password, type in 000000 and hit verify

Under [07 Data Call settings], Check the box next to [Data Call Enabled]

This should get your Data connection working again.