Music player can't find music after Droid X upgrade to 2.3.3
jkash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night my Droid X auto-upgraded to Android 2.3.3 (system version 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US)   Now the Music player can't find most of the music on the SD card, and what little it has found has a random list of album titles and artists, not even pointing to the correct song (e.g., a song by Ella Fitzgerald has Bruce Springsteen listed as the artist, and an "untitled" album.

Anyone else have this problem, know of a solution short of complete reload of music? (I have 23GB music on my SD card)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Music player can't find music after Droid X upgrade to 2.3.3
jkash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hunting around some other forums, found out you can delete the music player database and force a rebuild - that solved this problem - evidently the media player database got corrupted during the upgrade.  Here is the solution:  From homepage, menus-->settings-->applications-->manage applications.  Under the All Applications tab, select Media Storage, then clear data.  Then force a rescan of SD card (with, for example, SDrescan from Android Market).  The rescan took a couple of hours, but rebuilt the corrupted data so now the music player works just fine!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Go to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tabs / Music Player / Clear Data....

0 Likes
jkash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hunting around some other forums, found out you can delete the music player database and force a rebuild - that solved this problem - evidently the media player database got corrupted during the upgrade.  Here is the solution:  From homepage, menus-->settings-->applications-->manage applications.  Under the All Applications tab, select Media Storage, then clear data.  Then force a rescan of SD card (with, for example, SDrescan from Android Market).  The rescan took a couple of hours, but rebuilt the corrupted data so now the music player works just fine!

0 Likes