Music Player Stops about 1-2 min after screen times out.
SStandage

I hope someone can help me with this.

I use the native music player a lot on my Droid 2 Global to play MP3s.  Recently it has been stopping play about 1-2 min after the screen times out and rolls the play bar back to some random point in the file so I lose my place.  This does not occur if it is plugged into a power source.  I can't seem to find any settings to change to make this better.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?  Anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Music Player Stops about 1-2 min after screen times out.
Holly_SwordLily

do you have a task killer on your phone? if so you will have to add the music player to the ignore list.

0 Likes
EB1

Try resetting the music application and soft reset.

Resetting the music application instruction
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34878

Soft reset
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31313

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

besides the task killer i mentioned some other things you might look at are:

have you checked your security settings?settings>location &security>security lock timer

have you checked your screen timeout? settings>display settings>screen timeout

have you tried clearing your cache? as far as clearing cache its a component that improves performance by transparently storing data. i have a history eraser to delete everything at once for me thus clearing up room and keeping phone from clogging up and lagging, etc. its a free app and easy to use. to download it on your phone go to market>apps>search>history eraser>HistoryEraser DUMAPIC (should be the first one listed)>tap on it>download>now once its downloaded open it and tap bomb>depending on how much you use the web browser,call people,search market histories,use navigation and maps,etc. is how often you need to clear your data. i do so about every two hours. you could also try hard resetting your phone. this would erase everything to the way you when you first got your phone out of the store so i t recommend it as a last resort choice. there is a website posted below with the information on how to quickly and easily do this.

http://www.technipages.com/droid-2-hard-reset.html/comment-page-1#comment-14819

0 Likes
SunshineDi

Yay! It's fixed!!

I was having this problem and it was sooo annoying. Just started out of no where.  I tried everything listed here, but nothing worked. I was about to reset my whole phone, when I finally found something that fixed it simply.

The task manager has an auto-end program.  Go to setting -> task manager, then click the Auto-end list tab.  Find Music and remove it. If it is not on there, go to the Applications tab, find and select Music, add it on the auto-end list, then go to to the Auto-end tab, find it and remove it --- to make sure it's really not on there (don't trust that everything works like it should).  This in itself did not fix my problem, however.  But, finally I found somewhere that  you needed to take off Music AND Gallery from the Auto-end list in task manager.  And it works - no more stopping!! Smiley Happy

Do the same thing for any music apps you might have (Pandora, etc).

I don't know how the Music app got added to Auto-end list.  I didn't add it, and obviously, since it wasn't a problem before, it must have not been on that list. But for whatever reason, removing it and Gallery makes it work!

0 Likes