Music Player Starts Randomly
dataangel

I've had my Droid 2 for about two years and all of a sudden today this problem started. If I plug in or remove headphones the default music player starts. I haven't installed anything new in months (although a few apps have updated themselves).  I haven't changed any settings. I've been searching and reading all afternoon and I can see this problem has existed since 2009, but there's nowhere that has a clear solution.

They're JUST headphones. It's not a mic/headphone combination. It's not bluetooth. 

If I'm using a different app (Spotify, Netflix, Audible) and the headphones get jiggled the music player kicks in, shutting off the other app.  There doesn't seem to be any sort of setting control for the built-in audio player.  I've been through the other audio apps and can't find anything about headphone controls.

This is really irritating, especially since it can happen when I disconnect the headphones. Nothing like sitting at work, unhooking my headphones, and having music randomly blast out of my phone.

Does ANYONE know how to fix this, or why it suddenly started today?

0 Likes
Re: Music Player Starts Randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern and I would love to assist! Please try navigating to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Tap Music Player clear cache/data.  After clearing please remove/insert the battery and test.  If you are unsuccessful I suggest completing a factory reset by following here http://bit.ly/RzDLzG .  Please backup prior.  Please share your results.  Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Richk1313

I have the same issue with my Droid 2. I was researching this online and it seems that everyone with a Droid 2 is also having the same problem which leads me to believe it is an issue with the manufacturing of the phone itself. It would be real nice if verizon would come up with an update to fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets show that music who's boss, Richk1313!

I researched this further and found no related issues. Is this happening each time you play music/use headphones? Did you have a chance to preform the hard reset?

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes