Multiple issues: Duplicate text messages and often hard to place a call
Justin_b

Almost every time I get a text message I get it repeated several times, sometimes hours apart.

I also often an unable to easily make a call. I bring up the contact list, the recent calls, the dialer. I choose the number to dial and the phone just sits there acting like I didn't press the dial button.

Then, a couple minutes (yes, minutes) later the phone decides to make the call. Often times if I pressed the dial button more than once I get a conference call between the same destination, on both lines.

DX, latest VZW supplied codebase

0 Likes
Re: Multiple issues: Duplicate text messages and often hard to place a call
reflexcomp

Was this issue ever resolved? I get this with my Droid X all the time. HUGE lag in my dialer. Pretty much exactly what you describe. Dial a number and a few minutes later, it will finally dial. Not always but most of the time. I haven't been able to resolve this and I've tried. 

0 Likes
Justin_b

Nope, no resolution yet

I often have multi calls going because of this and it not notifiying me it's trying to make a call.

It's ridiculous.

0 Likes
reflexcomp

That's absurd. I've fixed my messages duplicating problem by doing a roaming update (*228 and option 2). I didn't think it would help but so far and a day and half later, no more duplicates. I wish that also fixed the phone dialer lag (understatement) but sadly, it hasn't. I'm sure we're not the only ones having this issue.

0 Likes
reflexcomp

BTW, I spoke prematurely. The text duplication problem went away for about a day and half and returned last night. I guess it was just a fluke. **bleep**!

0 Likes
Justin_b

At this point I am either going to root the phone since a phone reset seems to be a default answer to a lot of problems, or buy a Galaxy Nexus when it finally comes out. Or both

0 Likes
reflexcomp

My contract is up in January and I'm more then likely doing the same. I was considering the RAZR but that has rooting issues and maybe it's time to take a break from Motorola. We'll see, when it does finally release and the feedback.

0 Likes
Justin_b

I did the *228 thing and text notifications stopped.

The texts still come in, no notifications though

0 Likes