Multiple Problems Droid 2 Global
wvugurl26
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my phone got the gingerbread update I had problems with it freezing while texting no matter which keyboard I was using. Turning off auto correct and next word prediction fixed that problem.

Yesterday it started freezing when I was typing texts or in any of my apps. When I got it forced back out to the main screen I'd still have the bar at the bottom with suggested words for the word I was typing when it froze. After it freezes I can't get it to bring up any apps. I can't make phone calls or do anything with it. I powered it on and off six different times last night and it did not completely fix it, I could only text even after restarting. It was also very hot last night.

This morning I had to power it off and back on to be able to make a call. I've had it powered off and back on at least six times already today because it keeps freezing. When I bring it back up everything works until it freezes again. It is getting hot again. It doesn't matter if I'm typing in an app or a text it seems to freeze when I attempt to enter punctuation. Sometimes it works and other times it freezes as soon as I try to enter a punctuation mark. I'm doing this with the physical keyboard. When I get it out of the frozen app or texts to the home screen the bar with suggested words is stuck at the bottom.

Powering it off and back on fixes it momentarily but I've been using it for less than 2 hours this morning and had to restart at least six times. Very annoying since I had none of these issues pre gingerbread update. The update wrecked my phone. The ones above are the most annoying but I also have problems with gmail authenticating and I ended up with 2 Kindle accounts after the update. This update is not an improvement!

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Problems Droid 2 Global
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello wvugurl26,

I am more than happy to assist you with your device. In order for me to get a better understanding of the issue, I have some questions for you. If you can be so kind as to answer them then I can provide a customized solution for you. They are as follows:

• What is the specific software version that you have? (i.e. Android version, system version, and baseband version)
  • how many 3rd party apps, if any, do you have on the device?
  • Is there any physical or liquid damage done to the device?
  • What is the last action that you are taking on the device just before it freezes?

In a special circumstance such as this I recommend a factory data reset. As always, I recommend that all contacts and calendar entries are backed up. For contacts you can use backup assistant and calendar entries can be backed up on your Gmail account. I have a provided a link to how to complete this reset.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31308

Once the factory data reset has been completed then the device would need to be reactivated. There is a brief tutorial that will assist with this process. Once activated, please test your voice and data service for proper functionality. I also recommend using the device for 2-3 days without downloading any apps from the market as 3rd party apps are often the cause of an issue such as this. If you decide to download apps then the best method to isolate the app, if that's the issue, is to download one app every two days. If the device starts to freeze within that timeframe then we know it was the last app that was downloaded. If you have any additional questions or concerns on this process then please reply to this message so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes