Motoroloa Droid Mini texting issue
ARJA0401

I have a Motoroloa Droid Mini and recently stopped letting me type my text messages, it will only do talk to text.  The X in the upper right corner of the talk to text box does not close the voice button so I cannot get to the keyboard.  Tried restarting phone several times with no luck. 

0 Likes
Re: Motoroloa Droid Mini texting issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify the default keyboard under the Language and keyboard settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Motoroloa Droid Mini texting issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While the voice to text option can come in handy sometimes, I can certainly see this getting annoying for you, Arja0401. Restarting was a great first step. Ann154 had a good idea to check the keyboard default too (Settings > Language & input > make sure the check next to Google voice typing is turned off and that there’s another keyboard option listed that’s checked). If it’s still giving you trouble switching from the voice texting to a full keyboard, please fill me in on a few more details. Are you able to see the keyboard in any other typing applications (email, websites, etc)? If you tap that same section of the screen in another application where you see the X on the keyboard, does that section respond to your touch?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes