Motorola droid x completely hands free thru bluetooth jawbone prime headset (blue tooth)
kdb

Once and for all because my 30 days are running out at VERIZON!  Is the motorola droid x going to work with my bluetooth Jawbone Prime HANDS  FREE  or any other bluetooth headsets (not really relevant to me) ?  My previous phone was a LG Voyager. It asked for a command when I pressed a button on the jawbone  (it truly asked me what I wanted) and it called anybody or any app I needed it to!!!.  Verizon straight out lied to me that the LG Ally droid had this capability  ( Is this a lawsuit waiting to happen , myself, at this point, I don't give a darn.  Verizon authorized retail salesmen must give the correct answer...)    Not even the apps on the WEB or MARKET work as we all know (when I took the Ally back the salesman told me to try this first and that it would solve my problem HEY,HEY)  Listen everyone. WITHOUT hands free!!!. You have to take your mind off your driving to call on a cell phone even if it is the least amount of time there is.  NOT every one has supersonic fingers.  I have a medical problem with my hands and fingers which is the same for many,many people. Not driving, just hitting little objects like on cell phones.  I don't want to hear anything pansy ansy about a touch here or a touch there.  In NY it is 100% hands free as it should be everywhere.  I only spend a couple of weeks at my parents house a year, a couple in the summer and a couple in the winter.  A few weeks ago on my way to my parents while I was using the Voyager (before I bought the Ally) I was in a very bad accident on dry roads in New York because while I was watching a car passing me,  the person was dialing their cell phone.  The State Troopers confirmed this. This person passed a semi and then slammed into the left lane guard rails on the interstate and straight in front of the semi. The semi jackknifed in front of me blocking all ways to get by.  It really (bad word) for me because I hit the semi and the semi behind me slammed into me..  Thank the lord I was driving a Hyandai Azera and ended up only bruised head to toe. My car did not make it to intensive care (frown). And by the way,  too bad  I can't say the same for the dead cell phone user.  Should I be angry or upset  I'm not the person who was using a cell phone with their hands!  Let's see what all the involved lawyers work out.  I can almost guarantee I will never have to work again!  Let's have a vote should I wait for the 15th for the Motorola Droid X to be completely HANDS FREE or should I say screw Droid and go back to my non-app, non-3G, non-nothing ( I know it has some intelligence I just don't like it') very safe Voyager.  I only have 3 days to decide after the 15th...  Last but not least it is a combat zone here in Sunny but probably going to be OILY Florida where every one puts their cell phones to their heads (HELP). The End.......... Hopefully not mine!

0 Likes
Re: Motorola droid x completely hands free thru bluetooth jawbone prime headset (blue tooth)
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Firstly, Verizon is not required to put hands-free BT on a phone, so forget about lawsuits. It is everyone's choice to talk while driving, but not VZW's responsibility.

To answer your question, the Droid X will not release with hands-free BT dialing. That will ome with the Froyo 2.2 update, which will probably be in August.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola droid x completely hands free thru bluetooth jawbone prime headset (blue tooth)
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

unless it launches with nuance software, it will not be hands free at launch. it i unfortunate that the verizon salesman lied to you, but unfortunately a lot of them are ignorant to the capabilities of smart phones. this is why I usually only deal with managers or do my research before I consider a phone. this lack of ability of android OS is why I bought a windows mobile device (omnia 2). you have no legal recourse because no laws were broken. when 2.2 is released, all android phones given this update will have true hands free dialing for all bluetooth devices (the phone doesn't know which one you have, all bluetooth devices are genarically identified to the phone as mono or stereo and that's about it). I agree, hands free should be nation wide, and fumbling with a keypad is not easy for many people for various reasons, but it is not mandatory that phones have this capability, it is only a suggetion.

perhaps a suggestion to solve your problem, get the LG fathom or samsung omnia 2, they have windows mobile and true hands free dialing.

0 Likes
SSSSDDDD

Take it back for now. You can sign again later. Then you won't get stuck.

0 Likes