Motorola DroidX 2.3 update problem
HWDHOTROD

My phone has been locking up for the last couple of weeks now from CPU overload, so the other day I desided to do the search for updates from my phone in the about phone section. Well lo & behold it said there was one, so I give it the ok to download & install only to have it tell me that "INSTALATION FAILED"! Now everytime I try to check for the update it keeps telling me "Checks for update was not available at this time"!  It does that every time no matter where im at or what time of the day or night it is.

1-Can anyone help me on how do I reaquire this update?

2-Is it still smewhere in my phone?

3-The Verizon website says that the email instalation version is still coming, is there another website that offers it?

Any help would be great!

Thank You

HWDHOTROD

'

0 Likes
Re: Motorola DroidX 2.3 update problem
Wildman
Legend

Try backing up data and wipe device and try again, it sounds like you may have a stray app..

0 Likes
Re: Motorola DroidX 2.3 update problem
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

HWDHOTROD wrote:

My phone has been locking up for the last couple of weeks now from CPU overload, so the other day I desided to do the search for updates from my phone in the about phone section. Well lo & behold it said there was one, so I give it the ok to download & install only to have it tell me that "INSTALATION FAILED"! Now everytime I try to check for the update it keeps telling me "Checks for update was not available at this time"!  It does that every time no matter where im at or what time of the day or night it is.

1-Can anyone help me on how do I reaquire this update?

2-Is it still smewhere in my phone?

3-The Verizon website says that the email instalation version is still coming, is there another website that offers it?

Any help would be great!

Thank You

HWDHOTROD

Thanks to Wildman for your kind suggestion.

Hello HWDHOTROD,

I am here to help you with getting the updated software on your DroidX. Were you able to process the update on your device after you posted this inquiry? Because at the time of your posting, the update came out a few days afterward. To acquire this update, please use this link and also to be provided with additional information. This update would need to be processed from your phone in order to be on your phone. Our website is the recommended place to get this update. However, with a CPU overload concern, perhaps clearing app data and cache as a suggestion free up some resources. For other app management features including clearing app data and cache, press Menu >Settings > Applications > Manage applications, then touch an app in the list. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes