Motorola Droid
SrCorby

I love my Motorola Droid! That said, the likelihood of my purchasing or upgrading within the Droid family of phones,  once I become eligible, is slim. This is because there is one very important feature that my previous phone (Motorola Q) had that my Motorola Droid does not. Using my old phone, and my Plantronics Headset, I could tap a button on my head set and say "call Someone's name or number" and the phone would dial that number. I had total hands free phone service while driving. Although I can still use my headset, I have to physically touch the phone in order to place a call. For me this is a real safety issue. There is also a convenience factor. I miss this capability and my next phone will have that feature. I hope it is the Droid when the time comes. As for now, if I could afford to get a new phone I would make a change even with the many other wonderful features the Droid has.

If there is any movement towards total "hands free" with the Motorola Droid operating system, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sr. Corby

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Most Verizon phones do have that feature that you are referring to. I tried to look in the android market for an app. The only thing that I found was a voice speaking out to you of a contact that is calling you. Maybe you can try doing a search again to see if anything pops up or maybe someone else will know of a good app.  If all else fails....you could always make an app yourself:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

SrCorby wrote:

I love my Motorola Droid! That said, the likelihood of my purchasing or upgrading within the Droid family of phones,  once I become eligible, is slim. This is because there is one very important feature that my previous phone (Motorola Q) had that my Motorola Droid does not. Using my old phone, and my Plantronics Headset, I could tap a button on my head set and say "call Someone's name or number" and the phone would dial that number. I had total hands free phone service while driving. Although I can still use my headset, I have to physically touch the phone in order to place a call. For me this is a real safety issue. There is also a convenience factor. I miss this capability and my next phone will have that feature. I hope it is the Droid when the time comes. As for now, if I could afford to get a new phone I would make a change even with the many other wonderful features the Droid has.

If there is any movement towards total "hands free" with the Motorola Droid operating system, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sr. Corby

unfortunately no android phones have this capability however with Voice Dialer HF you can do this.

and according to jimfitzgerald this method is very effective. just check out his thread.

0 Likes