Motorola Droid lack of compatabiltiy with 2010 Mercedez E350
DrALC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Imagine my dismay when I bought my 2010 E350 and the contacts in my Moto Droid would not sync with my car - I had absolutely no problems with syncing the contacts with my 2008 Mercedez GL 450.... but there is something in the advanced technology in the 2010 E350 that Motorola and/or Verizon have not kept up with. Can you help me solve this issue?  I have read many blogs on this topic and I know I am not alone in my frustration.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Droid lack of compatabiltiy with 2010 Mercedez E350
DrALC
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
DefiantBlob
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you explain how the car syncs with the phone, is it an app it uses? Bluetooth or what kind of connection? Please provide as much detail as you can.

0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3
No problem with my 2011 E550. Just transferred the contacts as business cards.
0 Likes
DrALC
Enthusiast - Level 2

via bluetooth.  the phone function is fine, but the contacts don't transfer. 

0 Likes
DrALC
Enthusiast - Level 2

can you tell me how you did that?  I followed directions I found on an MB blog that suggested downloading a file transfer app into my Droid - then to download my contacts from gmail to my computer and use the file transfer app to transfer that saved file to my Droid's memory card - then to transfer to the car as business cards - but after about 3 tries I got frustrated and  gave up.... maybe the third time wasn't the charm?

0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3
I first insured that the phone was paired and then went into the phone menu and selected to download contacts from the mobile phone. There will be a message on the phone requesting permission to proceed. You must answer "yes" in order for the contact list to be downloaded to the command system.
0 Likes
DrALC
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for your help and please forgive me if I sound like a blithering idiot... but I feel like one at this point.  I have successfully paired my phone with the car and have attempted what you suggested... but when I tried to "download" my contacts the only options I had in the contacts menu was to import/export from or to a memory card.  did you use the download option somewhere else within the phone menu?

0 Likes
rtpnc6
Enthusiast - Level 3

You must permit the car to retrieve the address book from the phone. There should be a permission request when you pair asking if the download request(s) can be hjonored. My menu sequence is Phone -> Download Contacts -> import from mobile telephone. No other magic should be needed.

The sequence is initiated from the MB Command screen, not the Droid.

0 Likes
DrALC
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks -

0 Likes