Motorola Droid a855
airlai2001

I am on my 4th or 5th Droid.

The story goes like this:

I bought my first Droid the day it came out 11/6/2009

had to exchange it on 11/12/2009 because the first one wasn't working correctly(when I made calls the people couldn't hear me)

same problem occurred with the new phone, I was informed by some Verizon employees there would be a software update to fix the problem. So I waited(the update came out sometime in December)

a few months later the screen started acting wierd, I couldn't unlock it, and when I finally could unlock it, it had a mind of its own. it would press buttons randomly and move around randomly.

I sent it in for a warranty replacement.

same thing happened another 3 times.

I am now on my 5th droid(not sure, i lost count)

this time the same problem occurred, but unfortunately I am out of warranty.

I have tried calling Verizon, and ever Motorola. No one is able to sympathize with me, on the terrible experience I have had with my droid.

is there any fix for this? or is my only hope to buy another phone?

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid a855
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

airlai2001 wrote:

I am on my 4th or 5th Droid.

The story goes like this:

I bought my first Droid the day it came out 11/6/2009

had to exchange it on 11/12/2009 because the first one wasn't working correctly(when I made calls the people couldn't hear me)

same problem occurred with the new phone, I was informed by some Verizon employees there would be a software update to fix the problem. So I waited(the update came out sometime in December)

a few months later the screen started acting wierd, I couldn't unlock it, and when I finally could unlock it, it had a mind of its own. it would press buttons randomly and move around randomly.

I sent it in for a warranty replacement.

same thing happened another 3 times.

I am now on my 5th droid(not sure, i lost count)

this time the same problem occurred, but unfortunately I am out of warranty.

I have tried calling Verizon, and ever Motorola. No one is able to sympathize with me, on the terrible experience I have had with my droid.

is there any fix for this? or is my only hope to buy another phone?

Hi airlai2001,

I am sorry to learn of issues you experienced with multiple devices. According to your post, it appears that you have exhausted all warranty replacement options at this time. If you last upgraded on November 6, 2009, and you only used warranty replacements since then, you now qualify for a phone upgrade at a discounted price and you should be able to process your upgrade online if you login to your My Verizon account.

If any of the replacements noted in your post included an early upgrade exception, then you do not qualify for an upgrade; however, you may qualify for a discounted Certified Pre-Owned device with no extension to your current contract, see details of this program at this LINK.

If you need assistance exploring replacement/upgrade options please complete an Account Verification Form and then PM me and I will be happy to call you to further explore options with you.

If you prefer you can also contact us via Twitter @VZWSupport from Monday to Friday 7am-10pm CST and Saturday 7am-4pm CST.

For immediate assistance please call 800-922-0204 at your convenience. We're open every day from 6am to 11pm CST.

Please be assured that our goal is to provide you with the best service and replacement options within the scope of manufacturer's warranty and replacement policies in place.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid a855
Cochise8703

I'm glad, I'm not the only one having these problems. Mine just started last night and I've tried everything. I don't have the insurance on my device and I acquired the phone from my mother back in January 2011 as my phone upgrade so she could get the phone she really wanted. I've tried unplugging the battery when it started and leave it of the phone for a couple of minutes, and just last night I left it out of the phone from when I went to bed (3am) until I woke up (10am). My phone does have minor dings and the USB port when it was knocked over was damaged but still worked great afterwards but it worries me that if I try to get a refurbished phone, that I'd have to pay the full price of the phone for that damage that happened back in February and I've been using a Motorola Battery Pack Charger. So if I could get any help and information as to what my options are, that would be wonderful. 

0 Likes