Re: Android
Napoleon9558

TheGreatOne wrote:

Napoleon9558 wrote:

I'd go with the Fascinate. Go to T-Mobile or AT&T and try a Vibrant or Captivate. I also would prefer vanilla android to a hardware company's UI, but Touchwiz is actually kind of nice. I find the Galaxy to be faster then Droid X because its superior GPU loads games, pictures, and videos better. The super AMOLED screen is even more beautiful than the gorgeous Droid Incredible Screen and a billion times brighter, sharper, and more colorful than the X's screen. Additionally, I've had bad experience's with Motorola phones. I find that they break alot. The X and Incredible are great phones, but I wouldn't rule at the Fascinate yet.

http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=19679&gltype=localnews

I think the Galaxy S will be the next big android phone. I don't think T-mobile or AT&T have the phone available yet though.

They are available, I went to the T-Mobile store to play with one yesterday. It was absolutely amazing.

0 Likes
numb683

I probably way behind here and you may have bought a phone by now bu I'd say go with the Incredible, I have it and its a great phone and it has most if not all features of a Droid X minus the screen size and HDMI out port.

0 Likes
AudioDude

The Super AMOLED screen is not brighter, objectively the Droid X display is brighter, however it is likely that the greater contrast to the black levels make the whites appear brighter, the same concept involved in using high contrast projection screens.  But in terms of the display being washed out by ambient light, it is the actual brightness, the peak white level, that matters and apparently the Droid X beats the Galaxy S phones in that regards.

Many people seem to really like the Super AMOLED displays and they are very attention grabbing.  However, objective measurements and comparisons of pictures, etc. viewed on the Galaxy S screens versus on other displays indicates that the Galaxy S's Super AMOLED display does not provide accurate color rendition with some colors being significantly oversaturated.  In general this might make the Super AMOLED display well suited for videos, especially cartoons, and games but perhaps not as desirable for photos, reviewing graphics for publishing or presentation, etc.  In the end it is a personal choice.

0 Likes