Motorola Droid Volume
Hveezy

This is probably a dumb question. Does anyone know how to increase the volume so that when the phone rings, the ringtone comes out of the main speaker and not the receiver? This also goes for watching video's and music. My ringer volume and my media volume are set to the highest but the sound is still very low and only comes out of the receiver. Just to clear this up a bit by receiver i mean the piece that you put to your ear when talking on the phone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Volume
Bucky

Hveezy wrote:

This is probably a dumb question. Does anyone know how to increase the volume so that when the phone rings, the ringtone comes out of the main speaker and not the receiver? This also goes for watching video's and music. My ringer volume and my media volume are set to the highest but the sound is still very low and only comes out of the receiver. Just to clear this up a bit by receiver i mean the piece that you put to your ear when talking on the phone.

Thanks!

I have the same problem, this is driving me nuts. I am not dumb when it comes to smart phones. I own or have owned Treo, blackberry, and the Iphone. This is driving me nuts. I also learned the the sales person who sold me the phone dosent now how to fix this problem either. Come on people. This is obviously a glitch. FIX IT

0 Likes
droidloversofar

I had the same issue and I simply rebooted my phone to solve it.  To reboot I held down the power key on the upper right side of the phone.  A menu came up and one of the options was to turn the phone off.  After it powered off, I hit the same button to turn it back on.  It took a few seconds to finish the reboot.  After that, the sound came out of the external speaker instead of the earpiece.  I do believe this is a glitch and they will have to build a patch.

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
DigitalRapture

+1 Rebooting does reset the audio. Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
Leeabe

Had the same problem the first day and a reboot fixed it. It's very worrisome that I had to rest it after about 6 hours because of this. Hope this doesn't happen often.

0 Likes
Face16

Same problem after about 3 1/2 days.  How do you report these to Verizon so someone will do something about them.  Is there an error reporting site?  If not there should be especially with a new phone.

0 Likes
karencat

Yup.  I had the same problem after 25 hours!  The reboot did work for me.  I'll be checking back here for other "glitches".  Keep posting them!

0 Likes
rustyskoog

i had the same problem, and a reboot fixed it for me as well... luckily this phone reboots fairly quickly, otherwise this problem could get annoying if it continues to occur

0 Likes
Pete_C
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem also (fixed on reboot), and it seemed to me it was caused by plugging in headphones.  After I removed the headphones, it continued to send sound to the receiver and not the speaker.  In other words, it routed all sound to the headphones, and never released it when the headphones were removed, which resulted in the sound coming out of the earpiece.  Can anyone else verify the use/removal of headphones as the trigger/cause? 

0 Likes
Servo

I'm in the same boat.  It seems the device doesn't revert back to main speaker when disconnected from the headphone jack.

0 Likes