Motorola Droid Durham NC No 3G Can't Make a Call
kaaella_droid

Motorola Droid Worked Fine in My Neighborhood in Durham NC for Over a Month -Now Cannot Call in or Out No 3G

I bought a Droid with the slide out keyboard about a month ago. My 3G worked GREAT in my house and in my neighborhood since I bought it. My boyfriend has one as well (on the same account). We never had a reception issue. The phones worked great inside my house and in my neighborhood. 

About a week ago we both noticed we no longer have 3G or reception showing on our phones. We have to drive about a mile out of my neighborhood to make a phone call or use any apps that need 3G (all of them).

Wi-Fi settting works great inside still, so my phone is not broken. I work in another town and my phone works great here!

So what happened? I called customer service and they made me reprogram my towers. This did not help at all. 

1. I can't make a phone call with my Droid from my home or within a mile of my home. 

2. I want to know what happened. 

The area in question is around Hope Valley Road and Willow Bridge Drive in Durham NC 27707. 

here is a map

If anyone else is having trouble in this area please comment. I really love my new phone and plan but this is unaccepatable. It's a phone. I need to be able to make calls. 

ps My bill is paid, I can make calls from other towns close by, and my phone is %100 charged and I did not drop the phone or break it in anyway.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Durham NC No 3G Can't Make a Call
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
JerryHam

I saw a similar post the other day for a user in an area of Texas. There, apparently Verizon had decommissioned the tower and it now belongs to Alltel. I'd check into whether they have done something like that in your area as well. From what the other person had said, Verizon would only tell him that there was "nothing wrong with the network" and it took him some digging to find out about the tower change.

0 Likes
kaaella_droid

Wow, I mean that makes sense, but this is a highly populated area - that would be a really, really bad move for V in this area. Thanks for the info though. Someone else told me a factory reset helped their issue, but that was just for loss of data services, not sure about phone calls. 

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I'll keep this thread updated as I find out more, I have an open ticket in now. 

0 Likes
njord165

I have the same issue but it's the data side. Called customer support and they told me no coverage I m about to call them up and say there is coverage and I want to downgrade without a fee

0 Likes