Moto Droid battery cover replacements free from Verizon Wireless.
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
The site has the battery covers listed for free, apparently there is some sort of recall or customers complaining on the battery for the moto droid popping out. Shipping is free too. Search under moto droid accesories at verizonwireless.com
0 Likes
Re: Moto Droid battery cover replacements free from Verizon Wireless.
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

reallyniceguy wrote:
The site has the battery covers listed for free, apparently there is some sort of recall or customers complaining on the battery for the moto droid popping out. Shipping is free too. Search under moto droid accesories at verizonwireless.com

Thanks for sharing. I have seen some issues of this on yahoo answers. I'll be sure to pass it out. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
scottowa

How do I get to where I get a new cover?  I didn't see it on the verizon pade :smileysad:

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

They are out of stock

Link

0 Likes
grubbybean

The battery cover falling off the DROID is apparently a common problem. 

It might be exacerbated by carrying the DROID in the leather case ($20) which is an accessory. 

IT happened to me at a rock concert.  I took the Droid in the leather case cause I thought the case might be helpful if I dropped the droid or some beer gets spilled, etc. 

But when I pulled the Droid out of my pocket, slide it out of the case, the battery cover fell off, dropped down on the floor, and someone stepped on it, bending the tabs.   I bent the tabs back, but it still doesnt fit quite right.

Glad to hear there is a free replacement -

Motorola will probably change this as soon as possible, cause it is likely the replacement cover is just the same design.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
They ran out of stock as people started to get greedy.Read on howard forums that some people were ordering 10 to resell or some getting 3 at a time... Oh well :smileysad: I wish verizon limted it to one per phone number..
0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

They are no longer free - $4.99 - still out of stock as of 1/4

Link

0 Likes