More Update Issues
icecreamheadache

I updated at the end of October, like so many others.... My husband and I had gotten our phones on the same day, same store last year when they were released.  He has had nothing but rave reviews and success - I on the other hand have an Ice Cream Headache...

It took multiple reboots and taking my battery out twice to get the phone to even act right.  I had to delete my email accounts and re-add them in order for any of my email (other than gmail) to load. My battery life has sucked... the phone gets extremely hot,  I can't get it to connect to any wi-fi, even my home, if I am lucky and it does connect for some reason on its own it either doesn't stay connected or it will flash in and out of connection repeatedly.

When I opened apps, they would freeze, all of them.  I would get the force close message on everything.  It took 2 days for all of my contacts to show up.  When I would try to make a phone call it wouldn't register the screen tap, so I would tap again...then almost a minute later it would finally connect both calls - at times when I had given up and already called the person on a land line.  I won't stay connected to my handsfree link in my car.

The accelerometer is sluggish when changing the phone from vertical/landscape  - you have to move the phone multiple times before it actually changes.

What have I done to date:  Multiple reboots; multiple battery pulls; cache clear and tonight I did the "Factory Data Reset" from the settings menu... Started the process of setting the phone back up and it hung on the "signing in" screen for almost an hour...

Anyone have any idea on how to fix any of this????????

0 Likes
Re: More Update Issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How frustrating, especially since the other Bionic in the house is working fine!  Sounds like you've tried what most folks would suggest that you do.  I have heard that some people needed to do two factory resets, and I've heard of at least two people that apparently received corrupted updates and had to get their phones replaced.  You may want to try yet another cache clear and/or factory reset and then give the phone several hours to optimize your phone (optimization can take up to 72 hours according to some people, depending on how data you have on your phone).  If it's still acting odd, you may need to call Verizon's Tech Support (I have a feeling if you take it to your nearest Corporate store they'll just tell you to do a FDR).  Let us know how it goes ... good luck!

0 Likes
smotao

I have been having similar issues since the update, battery sucks, pretty much every app I have hangs and needs to be forced closed at least twice before it will work.  I have done a factory reset 6 times, two different ways, through the privacy menu, and through the hardware buttons.  It is still acting bad, although i can actually use it, very slowly.

Not sure what to do next.  I have noticed that even when i do the factory reset and i tell it to delete everything, it does not delete the SD card.  I am starting to think that this might be where my problems are coming from.

My question is how to, or should I even attempt to completely delete the contents of the SD card?

Is there something I am missing?  Any help appreciated!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some folks have reported having to re-seat their SD cards.  You might try powering off the phone, then removing the SD card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts).  A soft reset may or may not help, but might not hurt to try.  In other words, after removing the SD card, turn the phone on and let it boot up.  Then pull the battery while the phone is on.  Hold the power button for 20 seconds.  Put the battery back in and restart the phone.  Once it boots back up, turn it off and reinstall the SD card.  Then power the phone back up.

0 Likes
smotao

I found directions for deleting the sd card on the Motorola website.  Did that, did two more factory resets, re-seated the SD card as instructed above.  Now trying it again.  Not sure how good it is going to work as the first app i tried to get working again, face book, hung up as soon as i opened it.  Is there any way to reload the operating system?  I am starting to think the the update was corrupted some how.  Will keep working for a while and see if anything improves.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hate to hear that you continue to have issues.  As noted in an earlier post, I've seen a couple of folks post that they may have received corrupted updates and ended up having to have their phones replaced.  You may want to call Verizon's Tech Support.

0 Likes
smotao

Looks like that will have to be my last resort.  After face book, I am trying to re-setup google play account, for the last 20 minutes.

I don't think I have any choice.  I am calling Verison, and then my extended warranty to see what they can do.

Thank You for your help!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Major bummer!  Hate to hear that the usual "fixes" aren't working for you.  Hopefully Verizon and/or your extended warranty will have you up and running soon!

0 Likes
More Update Issues
icecreamheadache

So... it's the morning after the reset... I am now having to install one app at a time, wait for it to install and Lookout to scan it and then load the next one.  I have tried twice to just put a bunch in the queue, it will download/install one or two, then nothing - they all just sit there... And, I am connected to my home wifi, but my phone and account activity both say that I have used over 3GB of data (my billing cycle reset yesterday - everything reset). I don't know how I could have used that much when 95% of what I have done was on the wifi and I didn't download that much!!

I'll try the SD card thing once I give this process the "72 hour" mental health hold...ummm I mean optimization period.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would be suspect of another corrupted update in your case if you say that your phone and Verizon account are reporting that you are using data when you've been connected to wifi, particularly with all the other issues you've reported.  Most of the time these updates install well and there are few to no issues, but sometimes they are a pain in the you-know-what and something goes goofy.  I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for ya, other than calling Verizon's Tech Support.

0 Likes