Mobile Recovery App DROID X Unrecognized Device
MrMRM513

Here we go again.

Asurion released their Mobile Recovery app with Android 2.1. The software permitted users to find their phones from Asurion's web page or even file a claim against loss. However, when MotoRizon updated the DX to Froyo, the program failed to recognize the device. MotoRizon/Asurion left its mobile app users in the lurch for several weeks until Asurion finally made the Froyo DX "recognizable" to their software.

We have the same situation now. The company contracted under Verizon to insure your phone sends out the same "device unrecognized" message when you try to open the app under GB.

I haven't tried to call Verizon on this issue; I don't have 3 hours to waste on the phone. Last time I talked to them about my community forum account here, they couldn't figure out which department handles the web operations. I can only imagine the runaround buck pass I'll get about Asurion. 

It would seem that Verizon bears some responsibility for this situation. Asurion insures Verizon's devices, and Verizon offers the software as a service. So wouldn't it make sence to communicate with Asurion ahead of the rollouts to make sure their devices will work under the new OS? And why does Asurion demand "recognition" from the device itself? Isn't the fact I have paid insurance on my phone enough? My device has to prove its provenance, too? **bleep**?

Just a thought.

I decided to buy into SeekDroid to lock/wipe/locate/recover my phone. It cost a little more, but they cover any phone, not just recognized devices.

Mike

Once more into the breach

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile Recovery App DROID X Unrecognized Device
bearone21
Legend

tell you what, you saved some battery time.

i got the same message shortly after getting the dx's/2 4 1 back in dec.

find it, wipe it, man it could do everything if you lost it.

although it would almost pick out the room i was in, the batt draw was phenomenal, using a combo of verizon towers, gps, enhanced gps/i guess for the 911 call.

i bailed out the next day and never looked back..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
For your community account, have you tried sending a private message to one of the Moderators or Administrators for the VZW community? They can help you sort out those kinds of issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

tell you what, you saved some battery time.

i got the same message shortly after getting the dx's/2 4 1 back in dec.

find it, wipe it, man it could do everything if you lost it.

although it would almost pick out the room i was in, the batt draw was phenomenal, using a combo of verizon towers, gps, enhanced gps/i guess for the 911 call.

i bailed out the next day and never looked back..

0 Likes
IDhiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its not Mobile Recovery. I just tested it and it worked fine on my droidx. I ran the application itself no problem. Went to the website with the phone browser and it showed the phone located exactly where I was and I went via my laptop to ensure it would show the same and it did.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

well then they have 2 apps because the same from asurion was a locator/wiper for all the above i mentioned.

keep all they want powered up, if it's the same i mentioned and ck back in a couple of days about how long the batt lasted.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I understand why this issue would be frustrating, and want to provide you some information to assist you. I don't want you to feel like you are getting the runaround. Mobile Recovery is made by Asurion's engineering department. We try to partner with our vendors and providers to resolve issues that arise with updates. I will submit this to our product team to see what we can do to help resolve this issue. I would recommend also posting this to the Mobile Recovery support forum. 

http://help.mymobilerecovery.com/mymr/topics/unrecognized_device_please_try_again_later_message

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi MrMRM513,

I understand your frustration with this issue. Due to the fact that the Mobile Recovery application is from a third-party vendor and not from Verizon Wireless, I recommend going into the application and providing feedback to the developers. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

I hope this information is helpful. 

0 Likes