Mobile Hotspot keeps cutting out
sps

I am using the 3G Mobile Hotspot feature and it's keeps cutting out on me making it almost unusable.  I spoke with Verizon tech support who gave me a few suggestions but they didn't work.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot keeps cutting out
budone
Legend

sps wrote:

I am using the 3G Mobile Hotspot feature and it's keeps cutting out on me making it almost unusable.  I spoke with Verizon tech support who gave me a few suggestions but they didn't work.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Whats your signal strength?

0 Likes
sps

I have 4-5 bars.  It continues to cut out on me - about every 5 minutes.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I know a silly question, but have you signed up for the $20/month hotspot service? If you have I think CS needs to reprovision your phone. But maybe dialing *228 Option1 may correct it.

0 Likes
sps

"I know a silly question, but have you signed up for the $20/month hotspot service? If you have I think CS needs to reprovision your phone. But maybe dialing *228 Option1 may correct it."

Yes, I'm paying the $20 monthly fee.  What do you mean by reprovison?  I did speak with a Verizon rep yesterday and they didn't say anything about reactivating the phone.  I'm waiting for a call back from Motorola so we'll see what they say.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

By reprovisioning they may had missed a code or something when entering the hotspot option.

Calling *228 Option 1 could fix it also as this option reprograms your phone to all options you have on your account.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The signal bars can be iffy.   Go under Settings-About Phone-Status and you should see a dBm reading.

0 Likes
sps

It's reading -85 dBm 0 asu - whatever that mean. :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
sps

I just got off the phone with Motorola tech support - Tier 2.  They are aware of the problem but do not have a solution at this time.  It will be addressed in a future software update.

A little disappointing if you ask me.  This is one of the main reasons I bought this phone now as opposed to waiting for some of the other upcoming Droids.  I'm away on vacation and wanted to have Internet access for my laptop.  I do for about 5 min and then it cuts off.  That's what you get for buying a new tech product on day one and living on the bleeding edge.

0 Likes