Re: Minimize Droid X Issues After Froyo Update....
Wildman
Legend

If it is already off at time of format then you should be fine, but make sure you follow instruction and disable it again after reset.. The reset automatically turns it on no matter the position at time of hard reset.

0 Likes
onikage

Izeburgh wrote:

Wildman wrote:

5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.

Is there a point where you will want to turn this back on?

Yes, your contacts is saved on Google's account and they do not restore to device until you log into your Google account. The phone uses this information to verify your device for person information.

I didnt place the step to run Backup Assistant and place backup password, this will complete the restoring process of contacts.. And about the couple of a contacts not backed up mean that the backup app wasnt run after contacts being added, its wise to always run Backup Assistant as soon as you change or add a contact.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after setting up Google account, check Auto Restore again? I just wanna be sure...

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

ran the reset and everytime i try to do my backups with the backup assistant and it keeps failing saying it cannot connect with the network....the phone still texts and makes calls and the internet works...whats up? where do i go to sign in to gmail again to get contacts there?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

hallcp1019 wrote:

ran the reset and everytime i try to do my backups with the backup assistant and it keeps failing saying it cannot connect with the network....the phone still texts and makes calls and the internet works...whats up? where do i go to sign in to gmail again to get contacts there?

Did you have to reactivate the phone again, if not then you did not do a hard reset because a hard reset will remove activation and you have to dial *228 - Option 1? If you did then you have to go to My Accounts and setup your GMail account after setting up gmail your contacts should sync automatically, if for some reason they dont just open Backup Assistant and click Sync Now after setting account up.  DO NOT TURN THE AUTO RESTORE BACK ON..

0 Likes
ScottBi

When I upgraded, I lost Market. Will doing this process restore Market?

0 Likes
f38urry

hallcp1019,

You aren't alone with that Backup Assistant problem.  Backup Assistant works perfectly with my Droid X.  However, I've been unable to get it to synch with my wife's Droid 2 and her separate Backup Assistant contact list for about three weeks now.  I worked perfectly when she was using her LG enV².

The website's Sync button is always white with black lettering for her account.  Mine is black with white lettering.  That's the clue.

I do not use Gmail for ANYTHING other than the initial Droid setup that requires it.  It's a privacy thing, since Google and too many other companies do so much data mining that I don't need to give them my contact list too.

I've had extensive verbal and written contacts with Verizon Wireless' Network Repair Bureau.  They have assured me, and keep calling my home at least once a week with verbal assurances, that the Backup Assistant issue is being addressed at high levels.  They believe that it is a system glitch.  I'd bet that you are a victim of the same problem.  I'd suggest contacting them and getting them to assign an NRB ticket number to your case too.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Yes the hard reset will restore the market. The steps to perform this reset are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ha Ha... Posted this response in wrong place. :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

well it seems to be fine now dunno what the real issue was i went the the verizon site and synced contacts that way .....buy my contacts still dont sync automatically via the phone i set a time for it to do this but everytime i check it there is never an update since the last manual sync whats up with this? never had a syncing issue with other phones

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This is a smart idea to do after any updates. Good job, Wildman, for writing it out for everyone!

And up to the top of the board it goes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes