Mini won't download
dc67

My wife just got a droid mini today and can't download texts with pictures. 3 friends have texted her pictures and they have been stuck on downloading for 2 hours. We toggled data off and on and restarted the phone no help. Has anyone else had this issue??? Plain text come through fine. She can get on the internet fine.

0 Likes
Re: Mini won't download
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the phone with the cellular data connection turned on prior to the reboot? Then the cellular data connection would be the active data connection when the complete the startup.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dc67,

I hope she is enjoying the new device, let's see what's causing the problem! When attempting to view the picture message, is the device connected to wi-fi or our network? A connection to our network is required to download picture and video messages.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brattyworm

I dont know about the original posters response.. but I'm having this issue too.  The Verizon store personnel were useless and gave me a number to call which i will do after i've exhausted the inet.   WIth a 4G connection and 3 bars or WiFi connection it sits on download not doing anything.   Thats using hangouts for SMS texting.. if you unlink that with the messages, nothing happens, no texts, no messages, no pics... nothing.

0 Likes