Media mgr. web video plays on USB connect - how to disable?
krshultz

Hello VZW:

I'm a very happy Droid X owner with a question.  When I plug the phone into a computer, a web browser gets launched and plays the following video:

http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_mediamanager_video

How do I stop it doing this?  It's kind of a problem when I plug the phone in at work while in the middle of something, and a video starts playing.  And, by now, I've seen the video at least two dozen times, and don't need to see it again.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Media mgr. web video plays on USB connect - how to disable?
Masic1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

krshultz wrote:

Thanks for the response.  That's a disappointing answer, but I appreciate it anyway.  I'm not sure what launching a web video has to do with any of my phone settings, but I guess we're stuck with it.

I've now seen the first five seconds of this video dozens of times, and the song that accompanies it is probably stuck in my coworkers' heads by now.  :smileysad:

I was able to disable it by right clicking on the Motorola icon in the system tray and selecting "None" for the action to take when the phone is plugged in to usb.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately there is no way to actively disable this. It is designed to launch every time you plug your phone on to provide the settings. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
krshultz

Thanks for the response.  That's a disappointing answer, but I appreciate it anyway.  I'm not sure what launching a web video has to do with any of my phone settings, but I guess we're stuck with it.

I've now seen the first five seconds of this video dozens of times, and the song that accompanies it is probably stuck in my coworkers' heads by now.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Mine does not behave that way.  I have the Moto device driver to NOT do anything when it sees the SB connection of my phone. After plugging in the phone, I simply launch the VCAST Media Manager - no video ...

aside from that, I found it a bit troublesome actually INSTALLING and getting V CAST MEDIA MGR to actually work. After a lot of trial and error, and rebooting of both, it finally works.

0 Likes
Masic1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

krshultz wrote:

I was able to disable it by right clicking on the Motorola icon in the system tray and selecting "None" for the action to take when the phone is plugged in to usb.

0 Likes
krshultz

Masic1st wrote:

krshultz wrote:

Great find, thank you so much!  

0 Likes
karenmontgomery

I am using the 64-bit Windows which your vcast does not support.  So, I can't download the app in order to stop the automatic launch of the video.  I am not able to locate the  small "M" logo that others have suggested in order to disable the automatic launch.  Please tell me that you have some way to stop this auto launch.

Take a look at this from a user's perspective.  I come in late at night to plug in my phone to recharge.  Suddenly (if I haven't had the foresight to turn off the speaker's volume) my senses are jarred by a loud video that I am not expecting.  I understand your desire to alert users to this great new app, but please give us an option to opt out.... especially if your new app doesn't even support the OS that I am using.  I'm feeling a little catch 22-ish here.

Please help.

0 Likes