Media Player
romamerica
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am looking for a media player(movie) that will play all formats. I was trying to play an avi movie lastnight and it would not play even with the video player app.

0 Likes
Re: Media Player
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

I have looked into this for you. There are many applications in the market that offer this. You will just need to search for the specific type of file player that you need. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
john185

I am looking for an app that will play .mpg files created on my computer and transferred to my phone.  Media player will not work.  I have downloaded Realplayer, but that won't work either.

Anybody have any ideas?

0 Likes
wjbBlaster

My absolute player is RockPlayer.  It plays almost everything.  Excellent player for my Droid X.

RockPlayer can support audio and video container format: avi mkv rmvb mp4 mov wmv asf wma wav mpg ts mpa dvd au mp3 mid ivf aiff ogm ogg cda flic d2v aac roq flac drc dsm swf pls pmp.Audio and video encoding format AAC AC3 DTS FLV4 LPCM ALAW ULAW MPEG Audio MPEG-1 MPEG-2 RealVideo RealAideo Vorbis AVC VC1 XVID DIVX SVQ Theora Bink Theora Bink basically includes all popular multimedia formats.

0 Likes
john185

downloading it now!  Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
john185

Works great!  Thanks.

0 Likes
romamerica
Enthusiast - Level 1

Works Good, plays almost everything. The only issue I have is that it will not start playing (location of avi.) at certain forward points in the  movie.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

What link are you getting this from, I have went to the creators site and he only shows a Beta version and I have no luck finding it on market.

0 Likes
BryceMidnite

If I'm recording movies onto my laptop to put on my X, what is the best format?

0 Likes
jmorton10

MP4 (h.264)

~John

0 Likes