Re: Market
HCasavant

I've tried everything except for the reset on my phone and it's still not working. I don't want to lose all my things on my phone, but I do want my market back.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

HCasavant, I understand your concern with not wanting to perform the master rest on your phone. I know you information , apps, pictures, and contacts are all important to you. However,  you can save contacts via the Backup Assistance or your phone or via Gmail. Your contacts will be synchronized over-the-air via Gmail.

The factory reset also clears all of the apps that were installed in the phone's memory. And it clears all of the app data that was installed in the phone's memory, along with text and phone history. So you will have to reinstall all of your apps from the Android Market.  Once you do a factory reset and enter your gmail info in the setup the apps will show "purchased" in the market. Then all you have to do is download it. 

You will also need to copy to your computer any data files - photos, video, or music. 

Once your phone is reactivated, you can turn on Google's "back up my data" option with Android menu > Settings > Privacy > Back up my data. 

0 Likes
lstorey

I tried doing this and then restarted my phone and resetup my gmail account.  It worked long enough to get an email confirming the setup of my email account. As soon as I closed it both the email and the market would still not work.  Unlock the others on this forum, I would not mind doing a factory reset. However, the first time I did this to solve this problem I did not realize to do a factory reset means that you have to dial *228 to reactivate your phone. My problem with this is that I live in Alaska and cannot do *228. Therefore I had to mail my phone to MT just to get my phone turned back on. This means I was without a phone for 2 weeks. I do not want to have to do this again. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I thought Verizon had better coverage an stores in Ak but after looking i see that is different Now it's make wonder who the big Carrier is up There i' m Assuming it's At&t. I got a Cousin that lives up n Anchorage He said it can get Darn cold up there. He said he's had enough of the cold weather an would like to come back to the Lower 48.

0 Likes