Market vs. Play Store
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I am having trouble with Play Store.  It closes, freezes, etc.  Old Market app was just fine.  Any one else having problems or found a solution?   I have done everything I know of, except restore to factory. 

0 Likes
Re: Market vs. Play Store
Tidbits
Legend

Exactly what did you do?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

ontheroad:  Give this a try since your having issues with Google PlayStore  Take an Down BarCode Scanner then Snap this Image you can do it from computer screen as i did. It gives you the Latest PlayStore Update an PlayStore should Run Allot smoother for Ya. Now once you have snapped the Image you will see a File you need to Download it.. An you will have the New Play Store..Update

Give this a try...  Scan this with barcode scanner like Google Goggles..

Google Play Store Version 3.5.15.png

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

B33 you had the same thing when you used the link I posted and didnt wiping the cache for Play Store resolve it for you?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well what i was thinking wildman he might of  downloaded the Play Store from the O.T.A. like i did.. Mine wasn't showing all that it needed to be an it would go back to the previous Update witch was 4.something. But when i got the A.P.K an downloaded it. It put the right Update in the phone i did do a cache clear as you advised an it working pretty good Now.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I did the remove battery with phone off and on.  Did the safe mode thing.  I just did the bar code download and will see if that makes a difference.  Thanks much for the replies.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I did this, thank you for the info.  So Far, no difference but I will see if it helps.  I also discovered that Firefox doesn't work anymore with the Market/Play Store app change so don't know what is going on.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would say it's because of the Update Go to your settings an Clear the Cache an Data for F.F.  an see if that works

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I did clear the cache for Google Play Store. My version is 3.5.15 - hope that is the latest.  I cleared that data for FF.  Thanks much - I'll see what happens.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome

0 Likes