Market Icon Disappeared
KMStar
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Market icon has disappeared from my home screen. It was there when I turned off my phone last night and gone when I turned it on this morning. I don't see it in Widgets or Shortcuts to add to the home screen. Any idea where it went and how I can get it back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Market Icon Disappeared
KMStar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never mind....I figured it out. It's because of the new Google Play.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KMStar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never mind....I figured it out. It's because of the new Google Play.

0 Likes
shortee1175

Is it possible for someone to help me on how to fix this problem?  My market icon is MIA and I don't see Google play either so I'm not sure how to get the Market icon back on my phone.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the icon missing from your homescreen or the application drawer too? Try clearing the cache and data for the application. Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to either "Market" or "Play Store" whichever it is in the list. Select it and then press the clear cache and data button. Back out of that and try to reopen the application. Accept the terms and let the application reload and install the update to itself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes