Re: MDNSD draining battery droid mini
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to leave our family because of this issue Phigg1979. I know it can be frustrating to have your battery consumed this way but we will continue to work on this until we have a resolution. Please reach out to us by calling, chatting, or twitter/facebook and we can help with making sure you have a working phone that does not have this issue. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Datguy85

I have been having battery issues for months with my Note 3.  I replaced the battery, pulled my SD card, and deleted most apps.  The only thing that I have found so far is after deleting ES File Explorer and rebooting, the MDNSD went away.  Everything seems fine for me now.  My only concern is I'm not sure what else I deleted before the ES app and my reboot.

0 Likes
davek58

Hi, I have the same issue with my Droid Mini. Did a reset over the weekend and it came back. A solution would be nice

0 Likes
Phigg1979

I do not have an es file explorer app/process

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

Check other apps. I found, using WakeLock Detector suggested elsewhere in this subforum, that on my Droid Mini the interaction between the VZW Active Display app that came with the phone along with Tapatalk caused issues with battery drain where the active display would trigger the screen on, and Tapatalk would then keep the phone awake once the screen went off. It would then keep the WiFi going in the background draining the battery.

When it comes to ES File Explorer the app has gone down hill lately. I had to go through the app settings and turn off all notifications because it kept popping up various notices even though the app was not in use. Will probably look around for a different file explorer app that isn't so bloated.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bennor3814 wrote:

When it comes to ES File Explorer the app has gone down hill lately.

Have you seen these?

ES File Explorer app - sending background data?

Here's why we're removing ES File Explorer from our best apps lists - AndroidPIT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Datguy85, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue on your device. You've completed a few great troubleshooting steps already. Did you recently update the software on your device? It would also be helpful to update the software for any remaining applications downloaded to your device, as well. Here's a few more steps that will bring more life back to the battery life on your device:

• Disable or uninstall apps (e.g., live wallpapers, etc.) that are consuming too much battery or RAM or aren't being used.
• Contact the app developer if an app appears to cause excessive battery drain.
• Ensure Power Saver Settings are enabled.
• Adjust brightness settings to lowest setting or use Automatic brightness.
• Turn off GPS when not in use.
Note If disabled, certain apps or services may not work properly.
• Turn off vibrate mode if not used.
• Change account sync settings to lowest frequency
• Remove widgets that automatically update.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

tikibar1 wrote:

Have you seen these?

ES File Explorer app - sending background data?

Here's why we're removing ES File Explorer from our best apps lists - AndroidPIT

Yes I have seen the info about ES File Explorer adding the adware, but thanks for posting so others are made aware of it. Previously I wasn't having a problem ES File Explorer but with their latest update the program has gotten worse. Just dumped it and am trying MiXplorer​.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone battery to run at its best for you davek58. Let's look into this together. Can you please provide the steps you took for the reset? Do you still have all the same apps and accounts back on your device after you did this with the phone?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
davek58

It's at the top of my battery use list right now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes