MAIL won't sync
darkstar218

Anyone know how to disable the stock MAIL app?  I've added my yahoo and gmail accounts and I"m getting notifications of new messages.  But any changes made on my Incredible 2 to read status, deletions, or moving to different folders is not getting pushed out to the web server.  Same thing goes when I read / delete message from the web, they don't update to my phone.  

Annoying that I have to delete / mark read the same messages twice.

Frustrated enough that I want to just disable / delete the Verizon / HTC Mail app completely and stick with the YAHOO / GMAIL apps.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MAIL won't sync
Wildman
Legend

You can change all default accounts notifications at

Under Settings / Sounds / Notification

Settings / Sounds / Ringtones

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

This option may not be still available since the latest updates.  If it isn't available then you can change the default notification listed above..

Email:

Messaging >Menu Button > Notifications Settings ........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging > Menu Button  > Notifications........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

Remove Stock accounts..

• Open Mail / Drop down account option and select accoint you want removed / Menu  / More / Settings / Delete Account..

• The email account I suggest you disable the alert because the gmail account is part of the market and all other apps google related..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You can change all default accounts notifications at

Under Settings / Sounds / Notification

Settings / Sounds / Ringtones

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

This option may not be still available since the latest updates.  If it isn't available then you can change the default notification listed above..

Email:

Messaging >Menu Button > Notifications Settings ........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging > Menu Button  > Notifications........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

Remove Stock accounts..

• Open Mail / Drop down account option and select accoint you want removed / Menu  / More / Settings / Delete Account..

• The email account I suggest you disable the alert because the gmail account is part of the market and all other apps google related..
0 Likes
darkstar218

Thank you!

I've deleted the accounts.

0 Likes