Low on memory, clear application data
tlcaggiegirl

For a while now, I get a notification saying that I'm running low on memory (my cache has already been cleared for every app by the way.) At first I thought I had too many apps on my phone so I deleted a few I didn't really use & the notification went away.

However, the notification has kept popping up, closer & closer together. I'm down to only having all the apps I absolutely use every day, & it still is giving me this low memory notification. I'm really fed up with it now, as this has been going on for a month, & I need a solution before I chunk my phone against the wall.

Somethings I thought yall may need to know to fix the problems are: my facebook app was taking up 54MB, so I uninstalled & dowloaded the facebook for htc app; I use the Auto Memory Manager app to take care of my data, it is set on the aggressive mode; I text A LOT, I had my phone set to delete converations after they reach 200, but it hasnt been deleting automatically; I have two applications on my SD card, should I move some additional apps to the card to take care of the problem; lastly, on my running services, it says "Avail: 104MB + 158MB in 32," I'm guessing this means I have that much memory available so I want to know what the problem is.

After I uninstalled & downloaded facebook, the notification disappeared, but I know this problem will most likely happen again so I would like to know how to fix it for good.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
Re: Low on memory, clear application data
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

I have this problem, "lately" many many times. First I downloaded the "Cache Cleaner" app and use that. Then I delete my text messages. That seems to work ONLY if I happen to have  a picture on there that I downloaded to a friend. Then last, I go to settings, applications, manage applications, and go thru them and put what I can on the SD card. That seems to work. Its been about 3 days clean for me! lol

0 Likes