Lost everything! Help
JDGINC

Not sure what I did or how it happened but all my downloaded apps are gone.  The original apps are there.  The only one I noticed was missing was Market because I can't go look for the ones I lost.  Also lost all my contacts.  My texts are still there though, just associated with numbers instead of names since I have no contact list.  How do I recover?

0 Likes
Re: Lost everything! Help
budone
Legend

Were/are you running a task killer??? Were you force closing programs or deleting data and caches? I was playing with that last week and force closed and deleted data on one too many apps and lost all my text messages.

0 Likes
JDGINC

I did have a task killer but I wasn't running it at the time.  Good point though.  I don't think I'll download that again.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you had Backup Assistant up and running at MyVerizon, it should be easy to sync and get those back at least.

0 Likes
lucass1428
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just happened to me today! Lost everything! Contacts, apps, swift key (which I paid for), ringtones. Trying to connect to backup assistant but will not connect, but I cannot even connect here on the verizon website, so I am wondering if backup assistant is just down too.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

If the problem continues to present itself you will need to perform a factory reset to clear out everything. The instructions to do this are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes