Lost Contacts
Quietcowboy

Hello all,

I am new to the board and I have already did a search for my issue with no luck.  Here is my issue.........

A window popped up today informing me that there was a software update.  So I went ahead and let it do its thing.  After the phone restarted I found that all my contacts were gone.  But when I go to my gmail account I see that all of them are there.  Now at first I thought ok all I have to do is just sync my gmail account and all would be good.   WRONG.................  Now I am stuck I can see my email on my phone but no contacts.

Oh yeah I also had a couple of calendars synced and they are missing as well.

What am I missing to get my contacts back?

:smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Lost Contacts
Not applicable

Good morning, Quietcowboy!

It's odd that the contacts would be erased by the software update. That's a very rare occurrence, but let's see what we can do to get those contacts back.

You mention Google typically has your contacts list. If you log into www.google.com/contacts from a computer, are they still there under the "My Contacts" on the left panel? If they are, I would try once more to push the sync through the 'Accounts' under the 'Settings' menu on the phone.

Have you backed up the contacts to Backup Assistant? If so, running that application will bring them back to your phone. Otherwise, one more thing to check would be the SD card. Go into 'People' and tap the menu key and select 'Import/Export', then 'Import from SD card' to see if a contacts file exists. This isn't done automatically, the user has to do this at some point, but I've been surprised how many people have done this out of plain curiosity and its ended up being a great back up option to Google.

Please advise if you are able to retrieve the contacts through these methods.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

0 Likes
Re: Lost Contacts
Quietcowboy

"You mention Google typically has your contacts list. If you log into www.google.com/contacts from a computer, are they still there under the "My Contacts" on the left panel? If they are, I would try once more to push the sync through the 'Accounts' under the 'Settings' menu on the phone."

I did try the above mentioned and still nothing.

Have you backed up the contacts to Backup Assistant? If so, running that application will bring them back to your phone. Otherwise, one more thing to check would be the SD card. Go into 'People' and tap the menu key and select 'Import/Export', then 'Import from SD card' to see if a contacts file exists. This isn't done automatically, the user has to do this at some point, but I've been surprised how many people have done this out of plain curiosity and its ended up being a great back up option to Google.

I looked there also and found only the Verizion Support number:smileysad:

Since I tried the above mentioned and found nothing.  I came here to the forums to do some searching and found nothing like what happened to me.

Then after a long while and explaining to a buddy of mine what all I looked for he mentioned about searching for something else.  That something else was a soft and/or hard reset.  I tried doing the soft reset and still nothing.  Then I moved to the hard reset with great resistance.  I found a couple of my applications weren't working correctly either so I went ahead and did the hard reset.  That allowed me to get everything back. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the help thou.  I did look and touch every bit of my phone for settings before I gave in.

0 Likes