Lost All Contacts on my droid
Deacon180

Alright, was using my phone earlier today and everything was fine, get back home after running a few errands and all my contacts are gone. I searched around in the forums for similar issues and tried a few things I found there but I found nothing that helped me. Here are the facts about my situation:

1) I only lost all the contacts I manually put in. Work numbers, friends, and family.

2) I have never kept my contacts in my gmail account. I only created a gmail account when I received my phone

3) All my contacts (and even the people I don't particularly like and thought I had hidden) from facebook show up.

I have tried the manually syncing accounts, poking around with my account settings, and even exporting/Importing from my card but that option only pulls things from my gmail or youtube account, which I have no contacts in.

0 Likes
Re: Lost All Contacts on my droid
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't suppose you have ever downloaded backup assistant on this phone or your previous one???? maybe you did and don't even remember? it automatically backs up your contacts to your "my verizon" account. you can retrieve them anytime.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

try going to your "my verizon" account and click on "my verizon overview." then click on "contacts".....maybe they'll be there? if so than you can retrieve them.

0 Likes
Deacon180

Just double checked and looks like backup assistant is not availible for the motorola droid. I remember trying to load it up before i switched phones and it gave me the message saying that so I ended up manually inputing all of my contacts >.<

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Definitely let it sync your contacts with gmail next time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

check your "my verizon account" anyhow. if the contacts are still there (from your old phone) i've gotta believe that, if nothing else, you could take the phone into vzn and have them load them. i have a droid incredible. i can't find backup assistant anywhere on my actual phone, but i know i got my contacts on it somehow when i got the phone because i did NOT manually enter them in. in fact, i'm quite certain i retrieved them over the air while i was standing in the store right after i activated it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

pjnc...how do i sync them? it'd be nice to have that form of backup as well. however, i don't use my gmail account at all so i never sync'd my phone contacts. if i do this, then will my gmail acount (online) have all of my phone contacts too? and will it mess with anything else (my other email, etc)? i don't want the handful of my gmail contacts showing up in my phone contacts. i would basically only be using the gmail account as a backup.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

In settings, you can go to Accounts & Sync, Select gmail and make sure Contacts is checked.  As for not displaying the gmail contacts, you can change which ones are shown if open Contacts from the app drawer or the phone dialer, hit the menu button and choose Display Options.  You can choose which accounts or groups (if you have them set up in gmail) show up.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thx.....also, under accounts and sync is where i jus found backup assistant. so i guess it is on or available for android phones. this should help for the original pupose of this thread!!

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

This is a good site to get a main overview of everything your Android phone can do with Google.

http://www.google.com/mobile/android/

You'll see the link for the Contacts Video.

Verizon's Example

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/droid.html

0 Likes