Lock Pattern HELP (after update 2.2)
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

I honestly do not understand how to work this thing now.

First off normally I would set up the pattern and once I lock my phone it would require me to enter the pattern to unlock it but I cannot figure out how to access it.

I also downloaded a widget for pattern lock but it just keeps going to the patternlock homescreen to where I can set it up.

I cant figure out how to toggle on/off AFTER UPDATE 2.2

And if a pattern is on screen and I lock it; while it brings back to pattern screen I can hit the back button and I'm back to my homescreen; nullifying the purpose of this patternlock.

Can someone please help me on how to toggle this patternlock on/off with 2.2 new OS?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lock Pattern HELP (after update 2.2)
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Okay well i think I finally figured it out.

Immediately just means when you personally lock it yourself.

Thankfully it does not mean that after 1second your screen goes blank (which I was thinking thats what it would do)

So I think I finally solved it; then I'll wait for the developer to update his application to be uploaded on the market for 2.2

In short; choose the time "immediately" that way you are in control of when to engage the security screen.

Thank you for helping me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

what??? OMG I have to wait until the phone automatically shuts off???

While I was writing this out, my phone went to hibernation mode; ya know screen goes black.  Well I hit the power button which wakes it up (not fully powered off) and THEN my "pin code #" was on the screen.  I entered it in and voila.

So while we do have a pattern choice or a pin # choice I then tested it again.  I hit the lock button (power button once); and then unlocked phone again.........nope back to homescreen.

So what............after this update we now have to wait until the phone completely goes silent for this patternlock to be fully effective???

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Go to the Security Settings and select Screen Lock. Defult time is 3 min I think before it starts back up. You can change the time intervals, or make it do it every time.
0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Okay well i think I finally figured it out.

Immediately just means when you personally lock it yourself.

Thankfully it does not mean that after 1second your screen goes blank (which I was thinking thats what it would do)

So I think I finally solved it; then I'll wait for the developer to update his application to be uploaded on the market for 2.2

In short; choose the time "immediately" that way you are in control of when to engage the security screen.

Thank you for helping me.

0 Likes