Re: List of droid charge problem encountered so far
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I would not take the refurbished phone and would keep the "new' one you have.  The refurbished phone is not going to be any different.  All of us are having the same issues especially with the dropped calls.  Another phone is not going to make a difference so why take a refurbished one which is just a code word for one someone else returned because it didn't work right, they cleaned it up and reset to factory default and now it is refurbished. Who knows how the refurbished phone was treated, possibly it was dropped?   I paid for a new phone and will keep my new phone until they either fix the software (update to Gingerbread) or waive my upgrade and let me get the Bionic when it comes out.

0 Likes
PreceptorJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

The biggest complaint that I have is that the data connection cuts out from time to time.  The voice signal is strong, but I cannot use any apps or browse the web.  This happens in 4G and 3G areas.  Is there any new information on a software update?

0 Likes
Blue218

I have been getting the random reboots maybe once or twice a week....but today it did it 4 times....once one the wall chareger.....twice while in the Seidio holster/case combo, and once whil trying to dial.  

My GPS would not lock in Albuquerque, NM but it di in a smaller town north of there?

0 Likes
DJP
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. The battery life of the Droid Charge is terrible. I have tried all of the suggested fixes and the battery still won't last more than 8 hours.  I had a Motorola Droid before and used it the same amount.  The old phonse would last at least a day with the original battery.

2. The massive amount of pre-installed bloatware makes me never want to buy a Samsung again.

3. The battery life is terrible in the Droid Charge (I am saying it twice becasue it is that bad).

gemro311
I'm on my 4th Charge ..yes I was totally frustrated and was ready to make a switch to not only another phone..but leave Verizon altogether .. But they worked with me to resolve my issues...data issues , reboots etc.. This 4th phone has been as I originally thought it would be ...

As far as all the Crapware on here..yea its pityful....but its VERIZON doing not Samsung.. think about it ..all the galaxy android phones on T-Mo and Sprint all running plain Vanilla Android ...none on VERIZON . I spoke to a Samsung marketing person and she told me flat out it was VERIZON ...think also about what they did with the Fascinate...They pit Bing on it.

Battery life on here is about 15 hrs...Can your laptop do that ? Don't think so.

I don't know what apps you have or what's running in the background... if you are having that many concerns I suggest you talk to Tech and see if they can help..Nicely !
0 Likes
Not applicable

PreceptorJR wrote:

I agree with #1 posted above.  I have had the call go "silent" about 10 times since I got the phone three weeks ago.

Thank you for voicing your concern. We have seen this issue reported numerous times and are working on resolving the issue that causes the audio to drop out as well as several other issues seen in this forum. This will be addressed in the next software release for the phone. No date for the release. 

0 Likes
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, and please make sure all of verizon's techs know about the squealing/modem sounds that it makes every other day.  Add that to the list of problems a lot of people are having on this phone.  Another of the biggest problems that is causing the phone to slow down is the load of crapware added to these phones.  I fixed mine to delete all of that, and running much faster, but this is ridiculous.   

0 Likes
Kurleelocks

It seems common contributor(s) for me when the rebooting happens:

1) phone is hot!

2) my connection is precarious. Just returned home after traveling a long time in many areas with often tenuous connectivity.

3) When using Google Maps.

Either 2) or 3) but in any case, the phone becomes hot in my hands. Phone gets hot, I assume, when I'm asking it to do "a lot" while connectivity is poor or weak, or when it is just plain hot... currently it is 103 degrees and I was outside for just a few minutes looking at a website video clip, the unit froze on the page, I could not exit or do anything, and suddenly the phone rebooted itself. (Fully charged battery, btw.)

Note: Change since arriving home, my city how has 4G, but this was rarely the case while traveling this summer.I have a great connection at home. However, since 4G I'm noticing it takes longer to render the screen when I go to list apps or go from screen to screen.

This same problem, plus the phone going black and requiring battery-pull to fix was an issue with my first Droid Charge. This camera problem has not recurred since phone was replaced.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

In this thread: Android OS problems.

Missing from this list, droid charge specific problems.

0 Likes
dabricks85

I TRULY BELIEVE THAT LAST UPDATE REALLY DID SOMETHING TO THE AUDIO, CAUSE IT DOES DROP ON ME TO I CAN HEAR WHO I'M TALKING TO FINE BUT THEY CAN'T HEAR ME ON THE OTHER END THEY SAY IT'S LIKE I'VE HUNG UP ON THEM OR IT GOES SILENT ON THEY END,  AND IT DID MAKE A VERY STRANGE SOUND ON ME A COUPLE OF TIMES I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING I DISCONNECT AND TRY TO MAKE ANOTHER CALL AND THE SOUND STAYS THE SAME ONLY WHEN I TURN THE PHONE OFF AND REBOOT IT THAT IT DOES OK BUT THIS IS GETTING VERY TIRED SOME,  I TOOK IT TO A COUPLE OF STORES HERE IN TALLAHASSEE AND THEY SAY I HAVE TO BRING THE PHONE TO THEM WHEN IT'S MAKING THAT NOISE OR GOES SILENT BUT WHO THE HELL KNOWS WHEN IT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO ME I MEAN **bleep** I MOSTLY USE MY PHONE AT NIGHT AND IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME,  THEY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON I JUST HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE THEM TO LONG TO FIX THIS PROBLEM CAUSE I REALLY DO LIKE THIS PHONE     

0 Likes