Limited introductory offer with the Incredible
Raidernation1

I noticed today that when you click to view the accessories that come with the Incredible on the verizon website it states that a 2gb memory card will come with the phone as a limited time offer. Now, is that going to come with the incredibles that have already been pre-ordered (like mine) or is it just for those who preorder today?

0 Likes
Re: Limited introductory offer with the Incredible
Wildman
Legend

HTC Incredible is Verizons answer to HD2?

In my opinion the incredible is a downgrade to the HD2 in many ways,

1. HD2 came with 16 gig SD Card vs. Incredible may come with a 2 gig SD Card

2. HD2 come with a 4.3 inch screen vs. Incredible comes with a 3.7 inch screen

3. HD2 came with WM 6.5 vs. Incredible comes with Android OS (Not a fan of Android)

4. HD2 has Capacitive screen with dual touch vs Incredible OLED screen without dual touch

Now both units carries the same SnapDragon 1 gig processor and the +1 diffrence is that the HTC Incrediable has a 8 gig camera over the 5 gig that HD2 has…. Hopefully they will allow voice dialing from the bluetooth on this unit unlike the others that has been reported to be lacking....

Not really getting the comparison....

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Wildman wrote:

3. HD2 came with WM 6.5 vs. Incredible comes with Android OS (Not a fan of Android)

4. HD2 has Capacitive screen with dual touch vs Incredible OLED screen without dual touch

Now both units carries the same SnapDragon 1 gig processor and the +1 diffrence is that the HTC Incrediable has a 8 gig camera over the 5 gig that HD2 has…. Hopefully they will allow voice dialing from the bluetooth on this unit unlike the others that has been reported to be lacking....

uh...no no dialing via bluetooth.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Not a good pattern in my opinon, I was going to concider this device because my co worker has the HD2 and it is Incredible but the HTC Incredible isnt looking so Incredible to me....

@Raidernation1

If there is a deal on a free memory card as part of deal I would probally say if this information wasnt specified at time of order, you might be out of luck...  Thats usually how it works but I would call customer service to verify....

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

Not a good pattern in my opinon, I was going to concider this device because my co worker has the HD2 and it is Incredible but the HTC Incredible isnt looking so Incredible to me....

That's a great opinion there, but what does that have to do at all with OP's question? I read that and now I'm just not sure where that came from at all.

But, just to toss this out there for you - For many of us, the major improvement over the HD2 is that the Incredible DOESN'T run WinMo. Because most of us DO care for Android (hence the reason we post in the Android Devices forum), particularly given the option between it and WinMo.

As for the OP's question, I don't know the answer, but I hope we still get it. I wouldn't mind a free card.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

"4. HD2 has Capacitive screen with dual touch vs Incredible OLED screen without dual touch" - Wildman

I could swear the incredible is listed with multitouch. My Eris is mutli touch, if it wasn't I couldn't use the pinch feature or the zoom options in the browser or picture albums. I can play air hockey, with another real person.

The memory is 512/512 on the incredible but the HD2 is 512/488, not a huge difference there just a little but the incredible has an additional 8GB on board, with the option to add another card. HD2 32GB max, Incredible 40GB max.

Small correction on the cameras, it is 8mb and 5mb, not GB. Not a biggie, but a huge difference if we actually had 8GB and 5GB cameras.lol. I'm not sure if the HD2 has video out, but I know the incredible does. HDMI Mini I believe(not positive on that one though) I know it has TV out though for sure.

It also has Draft-N Wifi support. Resolution is the same on both devices. Android will be the first mobile phone with Adobe Flash support, WinMo will be getting it shortly too though.(IPhone won't..LOL)

Mine was in response to Wildman

OPs question: What was it? O ya, the answer is more than likely no, but you might have some success if you call them and ask them about it. I would call while that option is available on the website though. All you can do is try.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

@y0diggity

That's a great opinion there, but what does that have to do at all with OP's question? I read that and now I'm just not sure where that came from at all.

But, just to toss this out there for you - For many of us, the major improvement over the HD2 is that the Incredible DOESN'T run WinMo. Because most of us DO care for Android (hence the reason we post in the Android Devices forum), particularly given the option between it and WinMo.

It was just a opion, and if you read post more you would see I replied to the question, but in the same note I just through a more detail reply, my point basically that so many things was modfied on this device and its been reported to be Big Reds reply to the THE MOBILES version... And I do realize this is a Android forum (And this is a statement about a what???? A Android Phone)...

Nothing was meant by statement, just asking question....

Oh well, moving on

@

Yeah noticed errors after post but typing on phone at work and figured you would know what was meant so I decided not to edit it....  Its all good, hopefully customer service can assist you...

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

@y0diggity

It was just a opion, and if you read post more you would see I replied to the question, but in the same note I just through a more detail reply, my point basically that so many things was modfied on this device and its been reported to be Big Reds reply to the THE MOBILES version... And I do realize this is a Android forum (And this is a statement about a what???? A Android Phone)...

Nothing was meant by statement, just asking question....

Oh well, moving on

Ahhhh. Well yes, now that you put it like that, that makes perfect sense. Excellent points all around Wildman... Not sure what I was thinking in my response. Thanks for clearing that all up.

0 Likes
scarshapedstar
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

HD2 has 0 gigs of internal memory, so 32 gb max via SD. Inc has 8 gigs internal + 32 gb max via SD = 40 gb max. I reeeeeeally don't see how you call that a downgrade.

Same resolution screen. Believe it or not some people (women!) prefer smaller phones.

Oooooookay... well if you don't like the SINGLE BIGGEST SELLING POINT OF THE PHONE then you are probably not a fan of the phone as a whole...

You realize that 'Capacitive' and 'OLED' have nothing to do with each other, right? And also, you're WRONG. Incredible has a different touchscreen sensor from the N1 and Droid and multitouch works flawlessly. Psst: check the VERY FIRST YOUTUBE RESULT for 'Incredible Multitouch'.

YOU are the only person comparing these phones! Everyone else is comparing the Incredible to the upcoming Evo 4G, because they're frickin' Android phones. If you really think that Windows Mobile is God then you probably don't understand that distinction. But this post is pretty much all-around nonsense and wrongness...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The engineering behind the Capacitive is a more reliable technology for multitouch, this is why the devices that use multitouch usually uses them, the OLED screens are basically a tweaked version of a standard screen and the engineering is flawed... Better picture but still flawed...  I have seen several reviews comparing HTC Incredible to HD2 and im not the only one, but thats not hear or there... I reported I moved on, I realized this was getting off subject and closed the subject and moved on, didnt realize this would go so south..

Try this again.... Moving on.

0 Likes