Latest FroYo story from Droid Life
mjtimko

I was hunting for new internet gossip concerning the FroYo update and ran across this story of Droid Life.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/06/rumors-android-2-2-for-droid-x-delayed-or-rolling-out-now/

If this latest piece of gossip is to be believed, then it puts a whole new spin on the wait period we will experience for FroYo.

The story relates that MS Exchange is still an issue for DX, so this leads me to something I said earlier.  Why doesn't Google remove the MS Exchange code from the update and then release it later.

Why should an update hinge on a single feature.

I personally have no use for MS Exchange.  ISP email should go the way of the dinosaur and become extinct.  Web-based email meets my needs and Android makes you create a Google Account anyway which essentially gives you GMail email address.

Oh well, alas poor FroYo.  We never met you and at the rate things are going, we never will.

0 Likes
Re: Latest FroYo story from Droid Life
GeekGuy

mjtimko wrote:

I was hunting for new internet gossip concerning the FroYo update and ran across this story of Droid Life.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/06/rumors-android-2-2-for-droid-x-delayed-or-rolling-out-now/

If this latest piece of gossip is to be believed, then it puts a whole new spin on the wait period we will experience for FroYo.

The story relates that MS Exchange is still an issue for DX, so this leads me to something I said earlier.  Why doesn't Google remove the MS Exchange code from the update and then release it later.

Why should an update hinge on a single feature.

I personally have no use for MS Exchange.  ISP email should go the way of the dinosaur and become extinct.  Web-based email meets my needs and Android makes you create a Google Account anyway which essentially gives you GMail email address.

Oh well, alas poor FroYo.  We never met you and at the rate things are going, we never will.

They have printed things before that have turned out to not be actual facts.  In fact, they have printed several times about the 2.2 update being put out to the Droid X where it was not.  I do not understand why they do this, as it does no one any good.  It causes a lot of problems as people get riled up.

The ONLY official sources are Verizon & Motorola,...every other source should be considered as not knowing what the actual facts are.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

I agree completely about the Exchange issue personally.  But, millions of people rely on exchange servers for business purposes and blackberry and iPhone handle Exchange very well.

I use exchage also for work but I rely on an app called Touchdown for my DX and it works almost flawlessly for my needs.

So, dump exchange support and let people who want/need it hit up the app store for a 3rd party solution for now

Dj.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

...you wonder why droid-life runs these stories?  HITS!!!!  That's it!  HITS HITS HITS.

Dj

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

"They have printed things before that have turned out to not be actual facts.  In fact, they have printed several times about the 2.2 update being put out to the Droid X where it was not.  I do not understand why they do this, as it does no one any good.  It causes a lot of problems as people get riled up."

Show me where they have reported an official release of 2.2 for X. The only thing that they have reported is the leaked 2.2.

0 Likes