Lag on wake-up
Korbus

Has anyone else had the problem with their Droid X being extremely laggy on wake-up?

Mine is pretty awful.  Sometimes I can't even swipe back and forth between home screens - I have to turn it off and turn it back on again just to be able to do anything.  I've read some posts on other sites that seem to suggest this is a common problem people are having.....

I thought I'd check and make sure just in case I need to try and return this and exchange it. 

0 Likes
Re: Lag on wake-up
aatonytone

You probably have alot of apps still open, go to the market and download advanced app killer, and kill all the apps you arnt useing, im almost positive that willl get your phone running smoothly....it will help save some battery too!

0 Likes
Korbus

Yeah I had tried that and still nothing.  =(

Thankfully I just went and did a hard reset on it and it's absolutely flying, now.  Don't know what gives with the brand new install being borked, but now it's running great.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I realize this is an old thread, but thought I'd provide some info that may help others that might be experieincing this issue - LAG on UNLOCK.  I have had this going on for quite some time and had been blaming it on Launcher Pro Plus. In fact, when I switched back to the stock HOME Launcher app, the problem got much better, but was still occuring from time to time.  So over the course of a week, I started uninstalling various Widgets I had installed - but continued using LPP as my launcher. Low and behold, when I deleted the Facebook Widget and logged out of Facebook, the problem vanished! I ran that way for 2 days - solid as a rock, no lags when I unlocked the phone. Then I logged back into FACEBOOK but did NOT apply the FB Widget; I just launch the Facebook APP when I want to check things and then exit the APP.  So far so good .... My NEXT test will be to put the FB Widget back to see if the problem crops up again..  I'll update this in a couple of days with my results.

So if you're getting a 10 second Lag after swiping to Unlock - and you have the FB Widget - consider deleting it.

0 Likes