Keypad on Droid X sucks and doesn't work with Gingerbread update
mikestanek1

I was fine with froyo and then updated to gingerbread because of course i heard it would be awesome.  Well, it isn't awesome.  Some of it is cool, but when you can't even use your only keyboard on a smart phone, it sucks hard.  When I go to type now the keypad comes up, i can type 2 or 3 letters and it just closes...sometimes it force closes...other times it closes and then when i open it back up to type it wont show me what i am typing and even then just closes again...wth?  this is the worst update that could ever happen...not being able to use your only keypad. what a joke. And i hear you cant revert to froyo?  so dumb. does anybody know a fix for this?  Can i just take it to the store? I am so fed up with this.

0 Likes
Re: Keypad on Droid X sucks and doesn't work with Gingerbread update
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Check out this thread:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Apps/BEST-KEYBOARD-REPLACEMENT-EVER/m-p/572950

I hope this helps!!

I had a problem with mine but cleared the cache and fixed it.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Just download a keyboard from the Market... Easy fix

PS. The one that the poster posted above me is amazing.

0 Likes
Crazy_shellz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this problem also, but fixed it VERY easily.  Don't bother with getting a keyboard app. Don't bother with doing a factory reset (some posters in the forum say that is the only way to fix it), it's not necessary.  Go to Apps>Settings>Language & Keyboard Settings>Multi-Touch Keyboard...uncheck the box that says "Next Word Prediction."  That's it! Problem Solved.

0 Likes