Keyboard won't show up
jordanizm

Here's the problem. When I go to any screen on my phone and click on a box to input text, the keyboard will not show to allow me to the input text. This pertains to all input areas such as internet searches, FaceBook status updates, YouTube video searches, and just texting in general. The one kind of keyboard that does work is if I wanted to make a call. I don't know if I have in fact tried everything to fix this problem.  Even the keyboard settings menu is blank. 

0 Likes
Re: Keyboard won't show up
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Long press on the text box to see if any keyboard options show in a pop-up window.  If they do, select one of the keyboards and see what happens next.

If that didn't work, in Settings>Language & Keyboard>Keyboard Settings, is there anything listed at all?

You said that it is blank, but a default keyboard of some kind should be listed.  If not, try to install a keyboard from the Market and see if any options show up.  Try a free/trial version just to see what happens.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Jordanizm,

21stNow gave some great steps to attempt.  Are you still having issues with the keypad populating for you?  If so, please let me know so I may further assist you.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
jordanizm
I decided to reset my phone. Keyboard has returned! Thanks for responding.
0 Likes
tmjpaul

I am having the exact same problem.  My keyboard has disappeared, and I can't access anything that uses a keyboard for it.  It just WON'T SHOW UP.  I've tried restarting my phone, taking the battery out, everything.  Nothing helps.  I tried holding down where the keyboard "should" be, like was suggested, nothing happens.  There is no keyboard listing at all on the Settings>Language & Keyboard>Keyboard Settings.  I can't go to the marketplace to download a keyboard, because I can't USE a keyboard to type in the word keyboard.  I'm completely stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Tmjpaul,

I definitely understand how frustrating this is for you! Please follow these steps (which do not require a keyboard!) to clear the cache/data on your keyboard.

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Applications

Press Manage Applications

Press "All" at the top of the screen

Scroll to "Multi-touch keyboard" and press it

Press "Clear Cache"

Also press "Clear Data"

Please post back with your results. We can continue assisting you if this does not resolve the issue for you. 

Thank you!

21stNow
Master - Level 1

tmjpaul, FYI, even if you don't use it to solve this situation: you can go to the Android Market from your desktop computer and get apps and have them sent to your phone.  You would need to log in to the Android Market with the same Google account that you used to set up your phone.

Hopefully the steps from the rep above, or a reset will help to bring your keyboard back.

0 Likes
shareeanne

Hi

I'm having the same problem and tried everything you guys suggested and it's not working:smileysad:

0 Likes
jpmunk
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've had this problem too. Verizon told me to do a factory reset. I wish that they would try to fix these issues rather than always ask the customer to reset.