Keyboard Issues
romijo
Enthusiast - Level 2

My keyboard intermittently gets hyper-active when I'm texting. I'll backspace and it will type "p" numerous times, or the space bar will activate letters 3 rows above etc. Then it seems fine and happens all over again--so frustrating. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keyboard Issues
romijo
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've figured out the problem. It's a touchscreen issue, not a keyboard one. And it only occurs when the phone is charging. Scrolling through menus such as the set up menu is jerky, and buttons need to be touched multiple times to activate. When I unplug the phone, the problem disappears.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Bionic_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not great with the virtual keyboard. I have noticed it is very sensitive and I need to pay close attention when using the keys at the edge of the keyboard. Try turning the phone horizontal. This will make the keys larger and easier to type. I have not found any settings to adjust the sensitivity of the touchscreen.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have seen this reported with some 3rd party apps, are you using the stock keyboard?   Usually clearing the data for keyboard usuaily stops your issue.

0 Likes
romijo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, using the regular keyboard. I've noticed when the keyboard acts up, I have a hard time choosing menus, in set up, for example. I'll choose one item and the one 2 items down will activate. I'm actually very good using the keyboard so it's not big fingers or that I'm clumsy. It seems to more likely to happen when the phone is charging and I'm using it at the same time.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
This keyboard seems more sensitive then others maybe its the processor idk
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

romijo wrote:

My keyboard intermittently gets hyper-active when I'm texting. I'll backspace and it will type "p" numerous times, or the space bar will activate letters 3 rows above etc. Then it seems fine and happens all over again--so frustrating. Any ideas?

Thanks to the Community for all the great feedback and suggestions!

Hello romijo!

Just as Wildman suggested, if using the stock keyboard, I would reset the keyboard application.  This will reset the keyboard so that any cached data stored in the application will be removed and allow the keyboard to refresh, and run as expected.  I am including instructions and screen shots for resetting an application in a link below (once in Manage applications, select "All" & look for app named Multi-Touch Keyboard):

Reset Application - DROID BIONIC by Motorola

I trust this will resolve the issue with your keyboard.  Please let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
romijo
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've figured out the problem. It's a touchscreen issue, not a keyboard one. And it only occurs when the phone is charging. Scrolling through menus such as the set up menu is jerky, and buttons need to be touched multiple times to activate. When I unplug the phone, the problem disappears.

0 Likes