Just got my Droid, can't download ringtones/wallpapers or access Yahoo mail. Please HELP?
sleepsinrain

I've read from various sources (not sure how valid those sources are of course) that Yahoo mail CAN be accessed with the Droid without needing to use the browser each time. I try using the "imap.mail.yahoo.com" method but I never make it to the next screen because of the "invalid password or username" error. If someone could take a moment to fully explain this Yahoo stuff to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I can't seem to download any new ringtones or wallpapers to my phone from either the Verizon site or the phone itself. Is there any reason why this is?

0 Likes
Re: Just got my Droid, can't download ringtones/wallpapers or access Yahoo mail. Please HELP?
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Just got my Droid, can't download ringtones/wallpapers or access Yahoo mail. Please HELP?
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

It appears to only be a problem with certain Android devices (Droid).  Verizon Wireless tech and yahoo tech both said that you cannot successfully use imap settings for your yahoo account, as you will experience duplicate mail issues and errors receiving mail.  I was told by both reps that will have to purchase Yahoo Mail Plus in order to setup on my phone.  The way yahoo wants you to setup your yahoo mail is by POP3.

0 Likes
sleepsinrain

Well, that's very unfortunate since I am pretty attached to my Yahoo mail. *sigh*

So then this means there is no hope in ever syncing Yahoo to the Droid huh? And thank you for replying.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Im not sure if it something that will be addressed in the future or not.  I had just given up on trying everything to set mine up, so I called and that was the response I got.  There is a way you can setup inside your gmail account to import your yahoo email messages.  I did do that and my yahoo emails are successfully coming into my gmail email and to my droid.

0 Likes